Big Concretions

Ramo

Stopped and took a couple photos of "Rock City" near Minneapolis KS today, thought you guys who are always breaking rocks up might like seeing these photos.

post-40-1239073407_thumb.jpg

post-40-1239073429_thumb.jpg

post-40-1239073448_thumb.jpg

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

Stopped and took a couple photos of "Rock City" near Minneapolis KS today, thought you guys who are always breaking rocks up might like seeing these photos.

Man, I got a flathead screwdriver that I have split many a rock with, and I bet I could take one down with it

Those are really cool looking. There is a similar pile of rocks in Glen Rose, Texas, at (here it comes.....) "Big Rocks Park".

post-534-1239079558_thumb.jpg

Those are really cool looking. There is a similar pile of rocks in Glen Rose, Texas, at (here it comes.....) "Big Rocks Park".

post-534-1239079558_thumb.jpg

I know that park well in Glenn Rose. That little stream is a nice place to cool off in the summer time.

Here is a big concretion and it had a critter in it!!!

RB

Holy ammonites, Batman! That's a big one.

Yes MikeD, Batman had to take out a specialized batman sledge hammer and special batman chisle out of his batman utility belt to get this critter in this concretion! All Robin could say was, "Holy Kingsize ammo batman, your the best"!!! Ha!!! The thing is, its my youngest son who is this batman.

RB

the cool thing is, i think i might actually be starting to understand how/why those things form like that. it's sort of a fuzzy, nebulous understanding though, like a concept is forming but it's vaporous and amorphous. and of course anaerobic and sulphurous and ferrous and all that kinda weird stuff. and a bunch of electrons playing musical chairs...

but i'm still mad that you have that unbelievably cool ammo meganodule and i didn't get to scream when it popped open and revealed the whorly motherlode of shimmerescency goodness. and to think, not that long ago i thought ammolite meant you were shooting something less than .50 caliber...

Jesus H krykies your funny!!! Give me a call some day when you plan on showing up and I will dine you and wine you and show you the vidio we have of us opening this thing up!!! ITS FREAKIN AWSOME!!!

RB