Matrix fossils identification help?

diabeticwolf

These were collected when I was probably ten years old (I am now 21), so I do not know the specifics of where these were found. I only know that I was somewhere around the Kansas/Nebraska border (SE part).

I was hoping to get some input as to what fossils may be in these slabs? I know there are brachiopods, crinoids, an fragments of corals. I was hoping to maybe get some specifics, or general ID's on some of the fossils. There are some that look like fish ribs or spines of some sort. Any input is appreciated!

post-14138-0-93280200-1445136215_thumb.jpgpost-14138-0-17398600-1445136229_thumb.jpgpost-14138-0-24268800-1445136244_thumb.jpg

Although I'm not familliar with that region's fossils, if the seafloor sediment slabs in question are from Pennsylvanian-Permian, I suppose that the brachiopods could be Derbyia sp. and/or Reticulatia sp.; the latter had spines on the shells, and maybe some of the broken off spines are in the slab. Also some of the straight or curved "spines" could be something else, such as trilobite spines or echinoid spines (like Archaeocidaris). I noted also parts of bryozoans (like Fenestrella or Fenestrellina). :)

Edited by abyssunder
  • I found this Informative 1

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library