My fossil work stations, case and storage areas

Herb

Here is some of my storage areas and my prep/ photo work station and my microfossil work station. And a display case.

post-2520-0-55462400-1445979169_thumb.jpg

post-2520-0-10170600-1445979173_thumb.jpg

post-2520-0-57820700-1445979175_thumb.jpg

post-2520-0-31676400-1445979178_thumb.jpg

post-2520-0-11166100-1445979180_thumb.jpg

post-2520-0-94283400-1445979182_thumb.jpg

post-2520-0-08739800-1445979187_thumb.jpg

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

Well done! It's great to know where to put your hands on specific specimens. My "system" is lacking in this important aspect...

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Highly suspect Herb.

Entirely too well organized, clean and we'll planned. Makes me envious.

Jim

Now, I feel like an indolent sloth.

Well done. Great organization and display.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

Well done, Herb. :) I use some of the same plastic storage containers. I had to smile at the similarity to my "internal" container labels. :D

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

thanks, unfortunatly the skulls are replicas . The big one is a croc. the small one a small dino

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

Excellent set up....I think we can take some ques from you.... :)

Tony
The Brooks Are Like A Box Of Chocolates,,,, You Never Know What You'll Find.

I Told You I Don't Have Alzheimer's.....I Have Sometimers. Some Times I Remember

And Some Times I Forget.... I Mostly Forget.

Please do not send photos to my wife. Its taken too many years to convince her that all fossil collections do and should encroach on to any vacant surface.

Mike

One day I to will catch up on the filing.

Nice system, Herb. Isn't it amazing how expensive it is to get organized!? I just bought $100 worth of plastic storage containers, and they didn't even handle a quarter of my storage stuff. Ugh

And I noticed you said ".....a display case". Do you have more? I would safely assume you do. Hehe

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

a couple more small ones.

the plastic boxes are $1 at Dollar Tree

one day I will be dead and then somebody else can worry about it. :D

I'm green with envy, Herb! Your maticulius organization is second to none! Thank you for sharing. And I must thank you for your last statement, also. For the last twenty years I've been telling my kids to pack it all up, and take it to the Illinois State Museum once I'm gone. I need to call all three of them with a new plan. We no longer have an Illinois State Museum!

Finding my way through life; one fossil at a time.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful storage system. It was to meet you in St Paul. We found some nice that I'll be posting here shortly after I've cleaned them up.

Best regards,

Paul

...I'm back.

a couple more small ones.

the plastic boxes are $1 at Dollar Tree

Enjoy your collection. The large display is the best kind...great specimens with that Victorian age curios look.

Yes, Dollar stores. They have all types of neat storage items in the craft section, etc. I can now get things like those little zip plastic bags for a dollar that used to cost 5 times as much at a rock shop. We also used to use a lot of plastic film canisters...these days clear little containers for beads, etc. are readily available at little cost.

Great organization and collection, Herb. Well done!

I (like many others, apparently) have the plan in mind for organizing, but currently, 'all my rockses live in boxes'.

Steve

"O" is for Ordovician...I like it. You should show folks all of the great wall mounted stuff you have.

Sorry I missed you last week.

Archived