new shark tooth spot's still paying off!

Sharks of SC

Hello everyone!

Went back out to my new marsh dig site along the Ashley River in North Charleston today after this morning's showers. While the Pliocene-heavy gravel didn't have any obvious large teeth, the zone that had some dark Oligocene-Miocene gravel had several decent Carcharocles angustidens teeth. The crazy thing about these finds is that they came from the piles of sediment that I dug out yesterday...I just completely missed them! I'm becoming more and more pleased with the abundance of fossils and teeth at this site - really looking foward to my return visit.

Take care,

SOSC

Sorry they're still a little dirty -

post-19405-0-29373800-1445985436_thumb.jpg

:D Ummmm....not to be a begger or anything buuuut.....that little trip we are all planning on black friday...i'd pay to have an hour or 2 digging in that quite fruitful pluff mud you have found...again not begging and i understand if the site remains secret...lol....either way those are beautiful teeth sir :goodjob:

Well done!

Great finds, and a sweet honey hole.

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

:D Ummmm....not to be a begger or anything buuuut.....that little trip we are all planning on black friday...i'd pay to have an hour or 2 digging in that quite fruitful pluff mud you have found...again not begging and i understand if the site remains secret...lol....either way those are beautiful teeth sir :goodjob:

You are of course welcome to come hunt! We can always make more tenative plans closer to the date..

Nothing sweeter than having a productive spot that you can return to over and over again. Thanks for the photos of the angis to make me jealous (they don't seem to occur down in South Florida). Next time you are out there it would be great if you could shoot some in situ shots when you first spot your treasures. It's great fun to peer over your shoulder online and enjoy the hunt vicariously.

Cheers.

-Ken

Yuk... they are still dirty.

Just kidding,of course. Great stuff. And I am excited for you to have found your own spot fopr cool stuff.