Pterosaur beak?

Glassraptor

Saw what is supposedly a piece of an azhdarchid beak for sale. Is that really what this is? Or is it misidentified/fake?

7501-DSC_2712.jpg7501-DSC_2713.jpg

Edited by Glassraptor

I saw this piece too.

I've bought stuff from John Hedley, and they were pretty good. So I'd believe this is real.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

It does look vaguely similar to the Pterosaur beak piece I have from Kem Kem that Troodon helped identify. It does look like real bone. But I think these photos are not sufficient. And information on where it's from would also be useful. I'd say it's possible but wouldn't bet on it unless there is more info.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

John is pretty good with his identifications so it's most likely pterosaur. I do like what I see but cannot confirm it without additional photos. So I am in agreement with LordTriobite additional photos are needed of the top and broken end. His locality information is shown below and its Kem Kem.

Early Cretaceous

Ifezouane Formation

El Begaa, Taouz, Morocco

37mm Azhdarchid pterosaur beak

Pterosaur,

Edit: John always is a bit flexible with his prices so if you do decide to purchase it make him an offer.

Edited by Troodon

I don't know that I could call it, even in the hand, but John is earnest about accuracy.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!