Cross Your Fingers

Ptychodus04

I just found out that I may get the opportunity to prepare a partial Triceratops skeleton that a local collector has. Apparently, it has been sitting for years and much of it is still in its field jacket! I'm going to look at it in the next couple weeks. So... Keep your collective fingers crossed. This would be a cool job.

Big bones, baby!

That'll be a feather in your already crowded cap :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Wish you luck, for sure will be an intersting project know you will enjoy

Tom

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"

Good luck!

It will be fine in your capable hands.

:popcorn:

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

cool... so what are you doing for the next three years?

Lol

Good luck, Kris. Can't wait to see her.

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

This sounds like a line from the now infamous Honey Badger video on YouTube!

"What did the preparator do for the next three years? Prep a Triceratops."

I really hope I get this job. It will be the perfect leverage I need to upgrade my compressor and buy a couple new PaleoTools scribes!!

Now that's what I call guaranteed employment. Good luck on this. Over here in Germany we press our thumbs instead of crossing our fingers. Don't ask me why, but I'll do that for you anyway.

Edited by Ludwigia

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Now that's what I call guaranteed employment. Good luck on this. Over here in Germany we press our thumbs instead of crossing our fingers. Don't ask me why, but I'll do that for you anyway.

That has to hurt! Do you press them with steam or a dry iron? :rofl:

I'll let you all know if I get it. We are trying to set up a time to view the specimen either this weekend or next. There's apparently also a good bit of material from the Green River in the collection, including some stingrays.

• 1 month later...

I found out last week, that the collection with the triceratops has to go through probate as it is part of an inheritance. :( The only entity that moves slower than scientific publications are the courts. So, I may never see this trike after they got my hopes up!

The world may have lost the chance at seeing something extraordinary, hope the court move fast in this case.

Just a thought, tell them that a scientifically valuable find may be deteriorating and a quick decision is required. Sometimes that works in the UK.

Good luck, not only have your expectations been cruelly dashed but the anticipation of the forum members feasting on premier prep images has been snatched from us.

Regards

A deeply disappointed Mike

The world may have lost the chance at seeing something extraordinary, hope the court move fast in this case.

Just a thought, tell them that a scientifically valuable find may be deteriorating and a quick decision is required. Sometimes that works in the UK.

Good luck, not only have your expectations been cruelly dashed but the anticipation of the forum members feasting on premier prep images has been snatched from us.

Regards

A deeply disappointed Mike

I'll give that a shot. You never know what might push the courts along... short of a D10 dozer!!