Manticocerasman

Fossil fair Wezemaal (Belgium)

Manticocerasman

Fossil fair Wezemaal: Sunday 1st November 2015

P1220732.JPG

This Sunday I went to the fossil fair in Wezemaal (Belgium), organized by the Belgium clubs: HONA, GVL and the forum “Fossiel.net”

The event took place in a small village in the local event hall, although relatively small it was in very familial and convivial atmosphere.

P1220733.JPG

The stands where mostly run by collectors full with local European material and all extremely reasonably priced, thus being ideal for young starting collectors visiting with their parents. Also a great effort was made to encourage trading.

P1220739.JPG

Fossiel.net had his own stand, also ideal for kids and starting collectors led by the webmasters of “Fossiel.net” with some free samples, advice and help in determination for everyone. They also offered a large range of prepping tools, boxes, labels,.. to organize your collection.

A part of the hall was arranged with tables and a bar for a little rest and a nice chitchat with fellow amateur and professional paleontologists in company of a piece of pie, a coffee or a nice local Belgian beer.

I had the opportunity to meet up with a lot of friends and meet people I only heard from forums. And my daughter got her own share of books and a few new fossils for her own little collection.

P1220743.JPG

My acquisitions where mostly prepping material and boxes for my collection, although I also bought 2 trilobites from a location that has been closed for more than a decade. And I got a whole box of geological magazines and papers from a good friend.

So this has been a very nice way to spend my Sunday. I’m certainly looking forward to next year’s edition.

I say: well done to the organisation and participants of this Event. :fistbump:

Kevin Houben

belemniten

Very nice fossil fair :D

I go every year to the petrefakta in Leinfelden :)

MB

Nice :)

Mike Pocock

Looks like a really good fair, what fossils did your daughter get for her collection?

Regards

Mike

Manticocerasman

Looks like a really good fair, what fossils did your daughter get for her collection?

Regards

Mike

She got a traditional 2 inch perisphinctid ammonite from Madagascar (2.5€) and an other small but free ammonite that I can't identify.

Mike Pocock

Very nice funny how little girls usually go for an ammonite and a little boy would go for teeth ha ha.

Regards

Mike

JohnJ

Well done by all. :) Thanks for sharing this, Kevin.

PaleoWilliam

Looks like you had fun!

Jesuslover340

I wish I could go to a fossil fair like that!

Ludwigia

Looks like a real nice and cosy get-together amongst collectors. Thanks for sharing!

Fred

Nice to see this report here. We are having a blast organizing this fossil fair. Truly 'back to basics', mostly amateur collectors trading and selling to other amateurs. But many nice and interesting fossils to see nonetheless. Lots of people meeting and talking, having one of those good Belgian beers...

Funny to see myself, in the third picture, explaining how one can recognize the reconstructed parts of a Moroccan trilobite.