Beautiful Blue Hemipristis serra shark tooth

Raptor Lover

I scored the other day on this beautiful Hemipristis serra shark tooth. Came from the Lee Creek Phosphate Mine near Aurora, North Carolina

post-18981-0-60141300-1447300925_thumb.jpg

post-18981-0-34661600-1447300941_thumb.jpg

"Or speak to the earth, and let it teach you" Job 12:8

Sweet snaggletooth :wub::wub::drool::envy:!!

Tony

Thanks Tony! As soon as I saw it, I just had to buy it. The color is just beautiful :wub:

That has some great color, congrats : )

Thanks, when I saw the color, I just had to buy it

Nice to see your ever growing collection

Thanks, I'm up to 11 fossils now I believe. I'm really into shark teeth right now. And it's good, because shark teeth are fairly cheap

Edited by Raptor Lover

Thanks, I'm up to 11 fossils now I believe. I'm really into shark teeth right now. And it's good, because shark teeth are fairly cheap

I think a lot of us probably started out with shark teeth. I know I did. I still have the very first shark tooth I ever bought. I was 12 years old and I bought it at a flea market in Key West Florida. That was many, many years ago! I still love shark teeth but I no longer collect them. Yours is a beautiful color!

I think a lot of us probably started out with shark teeth. I know I did. I still have the very first shark tooth I ever bought. I was 12 years old and I bought it at a flea market in Key West Florida. That was many, many years ago! I still love shark teeth but I no longer collect them. Yours is a beautiful color!

Nice! What kind of shark tooth was it?

My first fossil was a 2" Spinosaurus tooth that I got off Amazon for $30 back in April

And thank you, I really love this tooth

Nice! What kind of shark tooth was it?

My first fossil was a 2" Spinosaurus tooth that I got off Amazon for $30 back in April

And thank you, I really love this tooth

It's a Megalodan tooth. I haven't looked at it in years, it's in storage. I need to break it out one day and take a look at it.

My first dinosaur tooth was also Spinosaurus. I think a lot of us dinosaur tooth collectors probably started out with that one. I had never heard of it before but it was a large tooth at a nice price and of course it was a dinosaur tooth! Now a couple of hundred dinosaur teeth later I'm still going strong! The quality of what I buy now has gone way up but that's the way it works for all of us.

I don't know how old you are or what your financial situation is but if I can give you one piece of advise it would be to be patient and always try and buy the best teeth you can afford. That doesn't always mean that you have to spend a lot of money. There are a lot of nice teeth to be had at reasonable prices. You just have to be patient and not think that you have to buy everything now!

It's a Megalodan tooth. I haven't looked at it in years, it's in storage. I need to break it out one day and take a look at it.

My first dinosaur tooth was also Spinosaurus. I think a lot of us dinosaur tooth collectors probably started out with that one. I had never heard of it before but it was a large tooth at a nice price and of course it was a dinosaur tooth! Now a couple of hundred dinosaur teeth later I'm still going strong! The quality of what I buy now has gone way up but that's the way it works for all of us.

I don't know how old you are or what your financial situation is but if I can give you one piece of advise it would be to be patient and always try and buy the best teeth you can afford. That doesn't always mean that you have to spend a lot of money. There are a lot of nice teeth to be had at reasonable prices. You just have to be patient and not think that you have to buy everything now!

Oh okay nice! I bought a 5 1/2 inch Meg tooth a couple months ago.

Nice. I got the Spinosaurus tooth because it is one of my favorite dinosaurs and luckily their teeth are common and affordable (depending on size), so I was really happy to get a Spino tooth. My family and girlfriend were skeptical about at it said "Oh it's probably fake, you can't get dinosaur teeth for that cheap" But they don't realize that there's a really big market for fossils and that some are cheap depending on what they are.

Thank you so much for your advice :) I'm 18 years old and am in my first year of community college. I don't have a job yet because my classes are kind of a handful, so I don't really have any spending money until Christmas or my birthday