Fossil Monster Skull ID !

You certainly have some interesting specimens. Can you take additional photos, top, bottom and straight into what looks like teeth. From Madagascar?

Edit: have the top

Edited by Troodon

That is quite odd. Looks like a bunch of pieces of random fossils put together.

Edited by TNCollector

I think I see concrete in it.

There is no concrete. That may be the resin with which the parts have been glued . The skull is fossilized bones.

There's something not natural about this one... At least that's how it appears to me, more like someone put it together and added some things and made it look like a skull.

" We're all puppets, I'm just a puppet who can see the strings. "

It does appear to be some bone material in there but still, it looks really strange and odd. The " mouth " and " teeth " on this specimen don't make any sense.

Edited by edd

" We're all puppets, I'm just a puppet who can see the strings. "

You certainly have some interesting specimens. Can you take additional photos, top, bottom and straight into what looks like teeth. From Madagascar?

Edit: have the top

Expect more surprises that I will post to complement the forum. Yes , Madagascar . Ok for more photos.

Sorry, but this is likely just a sculpture made out of random pieces of bone and rock. It just looks all wrong. Especially the "nostrils" and the under side of the "jaw" are very clearly carved by a person.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

This appears to be "constructed".

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

They have one exactly like this one in the "museum" at the Herkimer Diamond mine here in NY. Not real!

post-7129-0-30720300-1447359755_thumb.jpg

Edited by mikeymig
  • I found this Informative 1

Many times I've wondered how much there is to know.  
led zeppelin

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png IPFOTM.png IPFOTM2.png IPFOTM3.png IPFOTM4.png IPFOTM5.png

Looks to be an artifact for me,containing old bones assembled and carved in a way to make it be mysterious. Maybe It may have something to do with the mythology of Madagascar. (?)

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Fakeosaurus constructicus. :(

Edited by Fossildude19

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

They have one exactly like this one in the "museum" at the Herkimer Diamond mine here in NY. Not real!A

Another Frankenskull . scientific name: Fakeosaurus constructicus

post-20048-0-07501700-1447360780_thumb.jpg

post-20048-0-04474800-1447408970_thumb.jpg

post-20048-0-19722500-1447409158_thumb.jpg

post-20048-0-45855800-1447409174_thumb.jpg

post-20048-0-36616500-1447409806_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tanit

Wow... These are intesting creations. They almost look like they are carved from bone. All the bone texture i see is internal bone, not the external surface we would expect. Creation made of at least a little bone. Anatomically, they are incredibly wrong.

These things sure are intriguing. Can you please give us some background on them. Where found or made and by whom?

I did not find them, I bought them in Madagascar. I do not know who made ​​them . I will make pictures and I 'll post tomorrow. Promised.

Has anyone any idea what it is ?

Length: 20 cm

Width: 10 cm

Height: 12 cm

Hi Tanit.

I am just wondering under what circumstances you bought these items. Your original post seems to suggest that you thought they were real. Please tell us what you think about them, and what the intention of the original post was.

Thanks.