Question on authenticity.

sandi

Is the online store Fossilera reputable?

Just bought a 1.15" Juvinile Spinosaurus Tooth for $27 including shipping and I am pretty stoked on the purchase. They say 100% guarantee with outstanding feedback so I took a gamble. Only complaints was the packaging... However, I have faith and I believe it's real!

Check Fossilera on Facebook, see Matt Heaton's wall and his current collecting in Morocco. I've known Matt as a very down to earth fossil collector since about 2005.

You would be surprised how much free stuff he donates to fossil educators.

• I found this Informative 2

Thanks for the feedback! I'm new to this so I had to ask. He seems like a legit guy. That's awesome what he does. I have mad respect for him now after learning that! Thanks again. Now I'm even more stoked.

Thanks for the feedback once again guys! I didn't mean to disrespect in anyway such a great dealer. I'm just new to this hobby and had to make sure. Now I know this awesome guy is great! I'm beyond happy with my purchase.

Hi sandi, Matt and I go way back. He is a very honest guy and giving too. Just don't give him too much wiskey around the campfire. Ha!!!

RB

• I found this Informative 1

• 2 years later...

I have officially become hooked on the fossil collecting hobby. I took a huge gamble and bought my first megalodon tooth on Amazon and it's a beauty. Since then I have only purchased fossils from Matt and Fossil Era. So far I have bought 2 megalodon teeth with a third on the way, 2 raptor teeth which were perfectly packaged for their smaller size and one spinosaurus tooth. The only question I have is about the Spinosaurus tooth. I just read that sometimes "prehistoric" crocodile teeth are sold whether mistakenly or not sold as Spinosaurus teeth. I was just curious how often this happens. Either way I am more than happy with FossilEra.com and feel everything I have are legit.

20180511_190245.jpg

That looks like a nice spinosaurus tooth. Good buy! And whenever you have doubts to the authenticity of a fossil you can post pictures of it in the "Is it Real?" Section of the forum. That way we can tell you if it's real/misidentified before you buy it. And have fun building your collection! :D 

13 hours ago, Mukti said:

I have officially become hooked on the fossil collecting hobby. I took a huge gamble and bought my first megalodon tooth on Amazon and it's a beauty. Since then I have only purchased fossils from Matt and Fossil Era. So far I have bought 2 megalodon teeth with a third on the way, 2 raptor teeth which were perfectly packaged for their smaller size and one spinosaurus tooth. The only question I have is about the Spinosaurus tooth. I just read that sometimes "prehistoric" crocodile teeth are sold whether mistakenly or not sold as Spinosaurus teeth. I was just curious how often this happens. Either way I am more than happy with FossilEra.com and feel everything I have are legit.

20180511_190245.jpg

Glad you're enjoying the hobby! :)

You're in it for life now! 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Thank you. That is great to know. I think I have found my go to fossil dealer from here on out in FossilEra.com. When I get my latest purchase I will post pics of all my fossils for all to see.