Did this newbie find a meg?

marla57

Congrates, you made it in the club! I'm still trying to come up with membership dues to join. Do parts of the tooth count?

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Thanks all. I assume because it's not in the best form that means it's an older one. Would love to know how old or could be.

Thanks all. I assume because it's not in the best form that means it's an older one. Would love to know how old or could be.

Not necessarily, ... it just means it has seen more wear and tear,... being tumbled in the waves for a long time.

Probably Miocene in age.

Regards,

• I found this Informative 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

The condition of this specimen has nothing to do with how long ago the individual was alive, but on how nature has treated it since.

The range of C. Megalodon is from about 15.9 MYA to about 2.6 MYA; the only way to narrow it down for your find is to know the age of the deposit from which it came.

• I found this Informative 1

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!