Pictures Of The Nsr, Tuesday Should Be Good Hunting.

mommabetts

post-498-1239582140_thumb.jpgpost-498-1239582097_thumb.jpg[attachmen

t=23330:NS_river_032.jpg]post-498-1239581987_thumb.jpgpost-498-1239581865_thumb.jpgpost-498-1239581749_thumb.jpgpost-498-1239581781_thumb.jpgpost-498-1239581814_thumb.jpg I just had to go see what the river was doing today after the rain. It was running really good, no sandbars to be seen. From the water mark on the sides, it looks like it had already gone down abot a foot and a half. By Tuesday the hunting should be good. I started at the 68 bridge and went east to Delta and Hunt counties as well and the water was running high at all of them and so was all of the feeder creeks into it. Here are some of the pics.

post-498-1239582045_thumb.jpg

I agree, it is a rare thing to see because it goes down so fast, but it always leaves goodies behind when it does and I am ready to go get my share.

Ok, then Tuesday it is. PM me and we can set the time and bridge.

Thanks for the pics.....there should be plenty to pick up after the stirrage!

SWEET! I cant wait to hit the creek on Tue. Ill be at the Paris bridge on the Sulphur on wed if anyone would like to join me.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

We just got another round of hard rain so it will be running pretty hard tonight also. Everyone is welcome to come if they would like. I like the 904 bridge but I don't think everyone will be able to park there. We might need to meet at the 34 bridge so some can park there and the we can go from there. I don't know what everyone is driving but if you get stuck very easy that would be our best bet. Let me know what ya'll think.

We just got another round of hard rain so it will be running pretty hard tonight also. Everyone is welcome to come if they would like. I like the 904 bridge but I don't think everyone will be able to park there. We might need to meet at the 34 bridge so some can park there and the we can go from there. I don't know what everyone is driving but if you get stuck very easy that would be our best bet. Let me know what ya'll think.

Sounds good how bout 9a at the 34???Tuesday

We got rain ALL night last night and light rain off and on through out today, I am beginning to think that Wed. might be the better day. Everything is still running pretty fast, even in road ditches so I am sure the river is too. So what do ya'll think, do you want to try tues. or wait until Wed.? Everyone let me know what you want to do.

i think you should wait. i mean, look at it this way. you've waited over sixty million years already. what's another day or so?

but seriously, i've decided that fossil collecting is a whole lot like working on wall street. it's fear vs. greed. sure, you might die trying, but you also might get there first and find the honking mother fossil of all time...

If I find the rusty BB gun I can give it back to Dan's son so He can get revenge on his dad. Wait, that isn't where they lost it, oh well I will still give it to him. :P

Looks like tomorrow is gonna have to be the day for me.

Hope I don't get swept away!

Hope to see a familiar face or two!

Well, given that I'd be driving up from Austin, and given the "iffy" nature of the river on Tuesday, maybe I'll skip this time. Would anyone be going on Wednesday? If so, I might try to meet up with whomever then.

Gramps

Well, given that I'd be driving up from Austin, and given the "iffy" nature of the river on Tuesday, maybe I'll skip this time. Would anyone be going on Wednesday? If so, I might try to meet up with whomever then.

Gramps

Ill be at the Paris bridge on Wed, around 9:00 if you'd like to join me.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Sounds like you all will be having a good time. One thing about this hobby, it either produces animosity or camaraderie. It sounds like you all have the camaraderie and for that I am jealous, lol

It seems to run more on the greed and animosity here in the Carolina's, oh well, I have a small group of great hunters I dig, sift and look with and we do ok. Well, some do ok, others seem to go out and find whale skulls, LOL good job SD! Can’t wait to get us all together.

Be sure to post pics of yuor wonderful finds!!!!!

" This comment brought to you by the semi-famous AeroMike"

Sounds like you all will be having a good time. One thing about this hobby, it either produces animosity or camaraderie. It sounds like you all have the camaraderie and for that I am jealous, lol

It seems to run more on the greed and animosity here in the Carolina's, oh well, I have a small group of great hunters I dig, sift and look with and we do ok. Well, some do ok, others seem to go out and find whale skulls, LOL good job SD! Can’t wait to get us all together.

Be sure to post pics of yuor wonderful finds!!!!!

greed isn't due to the hobby. greed is due to defects in personality. it's one of the septaterminobooboos.

Hey guys if anyone was planning on going to the paris bridge tomorrow, I wont be able to make it. I got my back hurt today and Im not feeling real good so I wont be there, sorry.

Alfred North Whithead

Actually, you folks should go while the water is still there. the water helps clean all the silt off you finds.

Besides, you won't have to worry about snakes or sunburn if you go now, and you will stay cooler.

Visibility doesn't look too bad, if you have a good light. Perfect conditions

Well I'm back! The river was in perfect form for some collecting.Mommabetts couldn't make it out and I had the 34 bridge pretty much all to myself.Found some nice Mosasaur pieces including the largest one that I have ever found.It was suggested by someone that it is a Mosasaur Scapula. If anyone knows for shure that would be great.

Also did someone lose a small red Jaguar knife made in China???

post-417-1239757548_thumb.jpgpost-417-1239757579_thumb.jpg

Man that thing is killer! Better condition than most of my Pleistocene stuff....the years have been kind to that mosasaur....

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Wow, bite marks so clear.

Hey if ya send that pic to Mike Polcyn at SMU he could surely ID it precisely.