Is this a prep countertop or what !

RJB

Ive still got a long ways to go but this fossil lab is actually getting done. Just check out the size of this countertop! I was so happy and proud when it was done I had to just stand back and admire it. it took me awhile to get all the cabinets. I would check out the habitat for humanity store about every week for about a year or so. Most of the donated cabinets they get are just cheapo pieces of junk. I would simply wait for the good ones to come in. $35 per cabinet so I got this project done for cheap. You can see the heavy duty shelving in the background. Just built those yesterday. Moved in one of my steel cabinets too. I got a bunch of those for $20 bucks a pop. I get a few good things at the Montana State Sale. They have a sale one day a month. Ive still got to install the wood burning stove, finish up more shelving and get all the pipe and fittings in, but its comin along. Makes me a happy camper.

RB

post-171-0-80328500-1448118424_thumb.jpg

You're making many of us jealous, Ron. :D

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

very cool! You can hang a hammock above the table :D

It's hard to remember why you drained the swamp when your surrounded by alligators.

No such thing as too much space when it comes to fossil prep/storage. Inexpensive... well there's the icing on the cake. Nice!

Very nice job and an amazing amount of workroom.

I spent a month and a half cleaning out my garage, and poof, pulled my car in for the winter. Oh well.

I totally need one now. :)

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

Nice work Ron. When I lived in Laramie,I loved going to the UW stuff sales. They also had them about once a month and I scored all sorts of good stuff from them... stuff for the house and the lab. Your space looks really big. If I had that much space I would put in a heavy duty table on wheels that you can actually move around as needed..

That's a lot of real estate! My experience with horizontal surfaces is that they tend to fill up...

Knowing your ability to have numerous preps under way at the same time, I hope the legs on that table are strong enough to take the strain!

:P

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Many thanks to all of you for the nice compliments. Im working on installing the woodstove rightnow but looks like the weather is going to stop me? Im not going to be on steel roofing when its snowing. Yikes!

RB

I hate to do this to ya Kris,,, and anyone else. This may just be the end. :)

What I did, and it was the hardest ive ever worked, was to build a giant building that had a fossil lab in it. I talked about it for many years. This fossil lab is those windows on the righthand side of the photo. Upper window is another big room right above the lab and then the rest of the building is huge shop and open garage for machinery. Hope everyones heart medicine is up to date? :)

RB

post-171-0-25772300-1448549452_thumb.jpg

post-171-0-65091800-1448549483_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I have to agree with Ptychodus on that one... :envy:

"Men became scientific because they expected Law in Nature, and they expected Law in Nature because they believed in a Legislator." - C.S. Lewis

Yep, RB that is just down right disgusting!! Congrats to you!

I'm slowly trying to carve out a 10X12 space inside and something a bit larger in the garage. I very much like your bigger approach to things! Nice work.

Thanks for showing us the way. Regards, Chris