Easter Sunday Finds

AeroMike

Alright, I had a couple of free hours on Easter Sunday and hit a ditch near by. Excuse the 'homemade" scale, LOL but I am a professional engineer, lol :D

I found probably 50 teeth but here are a couple of the better ones.

I like this ditch as the majority of the teeth come out brown and you also have some that are blackish/blue.

couple of angies, notice the coloring on the first one, there is a lot of pitting on the root, especially on the back side, on the second one it has black in the brown, really cool coloring if you ask me.

Angie1.jpg

angie2.jpg

This next one I am uncertain if it too is an angie or if it is indeed a meg. What is throwing me off are what looks like what maybe cusps. I was thinking if this is an angie then maybe it is when it was evolving into a meg. I am sure there are teeth out there that have to fall into this trasition period. I don't know, what do you think?

angie_megtooth.jpg

Next is a thresher tooth, first one that is black and a little smaller then the other thresher I found last month in the same creek

Threshertooth.jpg

I am still on a roll for finding whale teeth, and these are my first brown ones,

whaleteeth.jpg

Ok, this one I do not know, it has that vertical line in the middle of the root like a hammerhead tooth but, as you can see this one has cusps. I also found another one just like this that was split right down the middle. Maybe an easy ID for someone here

questiontooth.jpg

" This comment brought to you by the semi-famous AeroMike"

Guest bmorefossil

nice finds, i guess you could call the one angie..... if i found it up here it would be a chub, but they are all the same in one way they are all Carcharocles as far as the black tooth it would be a sand tiger, im still learning all the species that i can find up here in maryland so i would have no clue what you can find down there.

Ok, this one I do not know, it has that vertical line in the middle of the root like a hammerhead tooth but, as you can see this one has cusps. I also found another one just like this that was split right down the middle. Maybe an easy ID for someone here

questiontooth.jpg

Carcharoides catticus, lower lateral?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Definitely a sand tiger, my guess would be Carcharias cuspidata. Nice finds, by the way, keep it up, someone's gotta find some :D .

-HZJ