Venice Shark Tooth Festival This Weekend

megateeth

The Venice Shark tooth festival will be this weekend at the airport in Venice FL. I will have 200+ Megs plus other fossils and there are a lot of other fossil vendors as well. Plus there will be food and craft vendors as well. It is always a great show.

Friday, April 17, 2009 - 4 pm to 9 pm

Saturday, April 18, 2009 - 10 am to 9 pm

Sunday, April 19, 2009 - 10 am to 5 pm

Venice, FL

Airport Festival Grounds, Airport Ave.

http://www.sharkstoothfest.com/

I plan to hunt this weekend, but may be able to head down to Venice to check out the show. I will stop in to say hello if I make it down.

megateeth, if you like ice cream, there is an orange grove nearby that has the best soft serve ice cream in the world.

Nokomis Groves 111 S. Albee Farm Rd. | Nokomis, FL 34275 It is not far from the festival. I would pass up all festival food just to have a large chocolate/lime swirl.

Pentax Optio W60

I plan to hunt this weekend, but may be able to head down to Venice to check out the show. I will stop in to say hello if I make it down.

megateeth, if you like ice cream, there is an orange grove nearby that has the best soft serve ice cream in the world.

Nokomis Groves 111 S. Albee Farm Rd. | Nokomis, FL 34275 It is not far from the festival. I would pass up all festival food just to have a large chocolate/lime swirl.

That sounds good. I will have to try it.

That sounds good. I will have to try it.

Three words:

Key. Lime. Milkshake.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I'll be there. Not sure what day yet,but I live only a 1/2 hr away :D I also plan on starting the dive season this week end at venice beach.

and yes Nokomis groves has good icecream(used to work around the corner).

Dan

:durr: I'm totally bummed out!!! :durr: Maybe next year, I gotta save up the cash $$$$$$$$ for the Megalodon shopping spree!!

Here's a pic of my favorite Venice Beach Meg from my personnal collection!

post-319-1239764180_thumb.jpg

Bill, is that your Megalodon Jaw that was at the Tampa Fossil fest? I saw the pics posted on your website. Just curious if the Megs in that jaw are real?

megateeth, will you have any time to hunt during your visit?

I am sorry to say I will not. I teach at a Technical College and we can not take off days during the semester. I need to drive back to Savannah and get to work early Monday. Believe me it sucks.

Bill, is that your Megalodon Jaw that was at the Tampa Fossil fest? I saw the pics posted on your website. Just curious if the Megs in that jaw are real?

That belongED to Kenny and Heather from Extinct Treasures. Someone made them an offer too good to turn down at the Tampa show so it is gone. It is too bad, I set up with them and was looking forward to having that at Venice. It is a pain for them to move around so they are probably happy not to be hauling it around. Nice Venice Megs by the way.