Nice crab from Isle of Sheppey

gremlinshow

Today I found myself hurrying along to my favourite hunting grounds on the Isle of Sheppey the tide was already well on it's way in and I knew I would only have a short window before I would get cut off by the tide. This did not however stop me from using almost all of that window getting covered in mud.

With only a couple of worn sharks teeth and not much else in my pocket pickings were looking rather slim.

As I started my brisk walk back I came upon an old Shoe that had been washed up on the beach. The shoe was pointing in the direction of the incoming tide and the clay standing in its path. Taking this as a signal I chose to follow it's direction out to the waters edge and almost immediately came across a rather nice crab nodule as attached. I have so far spent around an hour prepping it and it is turning out to be fairly complete! It is also by some margin the biggest crab I have found so far :-)

All in all not bad for a rushed hunt! :-)

post-19878-0-99520300-1448669730_thumb.jpg

post-19878-0-79080500-1448669781_thumb.jpg

post-19878-0-29071300-1448669810_thumb.jpg

Nice indeed :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Excellent! You crab concretion guys amaze me.

It's hard to remember why you drained the swamp when your surrounded by alligators.

Thanks for all the nice comments. :-) I cant wait to see this when ive removed as much of the matrix as possible!

I just hope that it doesn't get too hard to prep like many of the others I have.

Can't wait until I can afford to invest in some better tools!