Tooth of some sort?

Kkoz

post-16540-0-47961800-1448934551_thumb.jpgpost-16540-0-63863000-1448934659_thumb.jpgpost-16540-0-85938100-1448934675_thumb.jpgpost-16540-0-33455900-1448934688_thumb.jpgpost-16540-0-35930800-1448934710_thumb.jpgpost-16540-0-99657900-1448934741_thumb.jpg

Hi, I have no idea what this is and I have little information about it, but I found it the other day in a bottom layer of a cliff on the beach in Carlsbad, Ca. it came out in lots of pieces so i glued it back together. thanks. Sorry I don't know formation or age.

Edited by Kkoz

Are you of a mind that it may be a bone fragment? I can't quite squeeze enough detail out of the images to opine.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

It does have a tooth look about it. It reminds me of some sort of herbivore. But as Auspex has stated, it's hard to give you a confident opinion.

How big is it?

Hopefully a Cali hunter will recognize this.

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

Thanks for the input guys, here is a photo for size. Also, it does look like enamel and is translucent at the edge with a flashlight.post-16540-0-53885000-1449016588_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Kkoz

Anyone have any ideas?

I can't get any traction on the fossil idea...

I keep circling back to how much it resembles vitreous furnace slag.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I can't get any traction on the fossil idea...

I keep circling back to how much it resembles vitreous furnace slag.

It is definitely a fossil and it came out of a large, disfigured bone that crumbled out of the cliff. The edge on the top of the "crown" has very fine, vertical lines along some areas and there is an obvious transition from "dentine to enamel"