Fossil Collecting In Sweden?

spotmonster

Hello all. I'm from CT, USA, but I'll be traveling to Sweden this summer for two weeks. I would just LOVE to go fossil hunting while there. I was wondering if anyone could give me a few pointers or thoughts on fossil collecting in Sweden.

A little info, first:

1. I'll mostly be in southern Sweden, starting in Stockholm, and then traveling up to Dalarna for a few days to visit some family friends. I may jump over to Oslo, too, depending on time.

2. Coming by plane, it's not very practical for me to brings picks and chisels, so I'm hoping to find some crumbly cliffs or riverbeds to make fossil collecting much easier.

3. I cannot find an English translation of Swedish fossil collecting laws, although I have found some loose translations. I'd really like to know the law before I actually go and collect!!

4. And finally, I would actually like to find a group or business that could provide tours to a collecting area, and perahps even some tools.

I would really be grateful for any tidbit of information anyone has out there regarding fossil hunting in southern Sweden.

Thanks!!!

barbara

Guest bmorefossil

well i wish i could help you with your trranslation issues.... but half the time i have trouble with english!

Archived