Proposing Fossil Forum Secret Santa Idea

Raptor Lover

I propose that TFF should have a Secret Santa this December. People can somehow volunteer to participate in it and then be chosen to send a fossil to another participating member. This is just an idea. Let's see what the moderators have to say :D

Edited by Raptor Lover

"Or speak to the earth, and let it teach you" Job 12:8

:D We have no say.

Members give gifts to each other all the time and will continue to do so. If some want to participate in a self-organized "Secret Santa", they will probably have fun doing so. ;)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Members give gifts to each other all the time and will continue to do so. If some want to participate in a self-organized "Secret Santa", they will probably have fun doing so. ;)

Ahh okay. Maybe me or someone will post a Secret Santa thread and having participants comment so everyone knows who's participating.
  • I found this Informative 1

Wish I could do a secret Santa but I can't afford shipping right now

Yeah I get you, I would do it but my collection is very small so I don't have anything to trade haha

Hey good idea! As long as people want to send the money :)

Thanks

I'm gonna create a separate thread for this and if you're going to participate comment that you're going to participate and put the number commentor you are. I'll have full instructions on the post.

Hey good idea! As long as people want to send the money :)

I got plenty. Maybe I can get 7 bucks by doing chores.

See my comment above^

I'll post it later today. I'll moderate it by messaging people and telling them who to send the fossils to to try and make sure that everyone gets something. I may need help on it though. And suggestions to help make this work better?

If you can get enough members to participate it would be fun. If you want to do it before the holidays you may want to consider grouping participants by country because of shipping time and international postal rates but it's not critical and there might not be enough participants.

If I were to participate I would want to make sure it's something good and not a 2 mm fragment of shark enamel. I would also have to keep shipping in the U.S. For me.

If you can get enough members to participate it would be fun. If you want to do it before the holidays you may want to consider grouping participants by country because of shipping time and international postal rates but it's not critical and there might not be enough participants.

Thanks for your imput Troodon. It's gonna be kind of diffucult to put all of this together.

If I were to participate I would want to make sure it's something good and not a 2 mm fragment of shark enamel. I would also have to keep shipping in the U.S. For me.

Yeah I get what you mean. I'll have to establish some kind of rules

I will play! :D:ninja: I like to give things away! B):wub::ninja: Also like to get "GOOD" surprises in the mail! :faint::popcorn:

Maybe have the giver-- receiver pair as for from each other as possible so the item received is something not likely to be self collected by the recipient. :zzzzscratchchin:

Ynot

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Are you gonna make the topic?

I will play! :D:ninja: I like to give things away! B):wub::ninja: Also like to get "GOOD" surprises in the mail! :faint::popcorn:

Maybe have the giver-- receiver pair as for from each other as possible so the item received is something not likely to be self collected by the recipient. :zzzzscratchchin:

Ynot

I'll try to do it tomorrow or Monday. Been busy with schoolwork lately. And thanks Tony!

My first experience with trading was great as you can ask claw fossil.

I'm all in when it comes to giving. It's the spirit of the season

Count me in.

Happy Holidays!!!

My first experience with trading was great as you can ask claw fossil.

I'm all in when it comes to giving. It's the spirit of the season

Count me in.

Happy Holidays!!!

Yes. Very good experience.

Hi I am In,

Don't mind the postage to any location, although it will not get to anyone outside the UK before xmass.

Just one thing I would suggest is that all who receive a gift post an image on the forum.

Also I have had some items sent to me in the UK from the US and had to pay $60 for it. so make sure that you mark your customs form "no value" if you are sending it abroad.

Regards

Mike

Yup, I talked to him.

If he doesn't make the post I will tomorrow.

Edited by IonRocks