12/3/15: recent finds from the big D

John S.

9 more inches of rain last week so I'm hoping I'll do well the next few weeks. Here a few items found recently. Got a nice Gary point, a ptychodus atcoensis, articulated fish centra, and some mosasaur parts..

post-13580-0-77008200-1449171684_thumb.jpg

post-13580-0-47876300-1449171743_thumb.jpg

post-13580-0-38539400-1449171751_thumb.jpg

post-13580-0-04000800-1449171758_thumb.jpg

North Central Texas

Eagle Ford Group / Ozan Formation

Another person having way too much fun in the field. :P

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

John S

Very nice diversity of finds. Ptychodus tooth is a great find even though I am partial to those teeth

Tom

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"

Thanks a lot guys. Yes I especially like the atcoensis. Something about the symmetry and design on those. Pachyrhizodus Would make sense thanks!

North Central Texas

You seem to find so many great things on your hunts. That ptychodus tooth is great and I love that pink point. You must have a large collection of points now, it seems like you find them one every trip you report.

Seeing your finds makes me eager to make another trip up to Texas although next time I will have to try harder to meet up with someone familiar with the area!

Nice points and fossils! I have a site like that too where I can find points and Cretaceous fossils in the same place. It's a collector's dream.

Yes it is nice to find both. I feel like I hunt for points and find fossils in the meantime. It keeps you interested and it's a good variety.

North Central Texas

Archived