Sign in to follow this  
electricshaman

Hunton Group Road Intersections

electricshaman

Attached is a KML file that is the result of mashing the OpenStreetMap road data for Oklahoma up against the Hunton Group polygons from the USGS geological map for Oklahoma. I exported the lines from the roads where there was an intersection between the two. Some of the roads from the OSM data aren't accurate, and others are phantom roads or inaccessible trails. But overall, I think it's accurate enough to be useful. Hopefully others will find it useful too.

Please let me know if there are other fossiliferous formations in the state for which you would like to have this type of mashup.

Hunton Group Road Intersections.kml.zip

Edited by electricshaman

Clayton Jones

This is pretty interesting... it would make for a good start to a day of a fossil hunting road trip. Just need to have the routes explored so the map can be corrected.

ZiggieCie

:thumbsu:

njherr

I realize this is a year old but Thank You!! I've been looking for something exactly like this!

BigKen

I know this thread is ancient, but this is still great map.  In the past few months, I've independently investigated a few of the locations that this map shows might be good spots so I can add current updates on accessibility and condition of roads, etc. if there is still anybody following this thread and/or using this map.