Official Secret Santa! :)

Raptor Lover

Yep, it's a little bit difficult to stay anonymous when your name is David and you send something from Japan ;)

Haha yeah that's true

"Or speak to the earth, and let it teach you" Job 12:8

We're glad everyone is happy with the Secret Santa program that me and Ion made. We apologize for the minor issues and delays, we started it a little late. We'll start it earlier next year and improve the guidelines a little bit :) Merry Christmas everyone :D

My gift arrived today!!!!! Very nice collection of fossils and crystals. Maybe I wasn't as bad of boy as I had thought seeing how generous Santa was. Posting this today so that my Secret Santa knows the postal service came through. I was hoping Santa would have come down the chimney to deliver it personally, but then I would have had to wait 4 more days. Not worth the wait. Thank you. Will post pics later.

Thank you Raptor Lover and IonRocks for putting together yet another fun event on TFF. I will now post my gifts:post-12553-0-08575600-1450811235_thumb.jpg

Thank you Raptor Lover and IonRocks for putting together yet another fun event on TFF. I will now post my gifts:attachicon.gifDSC_0317.JPG

You're very welcome :) Just thought we'd spread some Christmas spirit here of TFF :P

My Secret Santa was awesome!! The fossil on the square block in the middle is from Eurypterus lacustris! It's the first body segment. :) Very, very cool... All beautifully detailed, quality fossils. Absolutely love them. Thank you!!!

post-15415-0-31634300-1450906747_thumb.jpg

P.S. If you have not gotten a Secret Santa gift, it's probably from me! I got my address last week, and it took me some time figure out what to send! It's been put in the mail and is on it's way. :)

"I am a part of all that I have met." - Lord Alfred Tennyson

My Secret Santa was awesome!! The fossil on the square block in the middle is from Eurypterus lacustris! It's the first body segment. :) Very, very cool... All beautifully detailed, quality fossils. Absolutely love them. Thank you!!!

attachicon.gifIMG_2940.JPG

P.S. If you have not gotten a Secret Santa gift, it's probably from me! I got my address last week, and it took me some time figure out what to send! It's been put in the mail and is on it's way. :)

Very nice!

Hi Received my secret Santa today, Trilobites yippee, thank you Santa I will post some images over the next few days.

P.S. If you have not gotten a Secret Santa gift, it's probably from me posted it 10 days ago but it had far to travel hope it arrives soon.

Merry Christmas and a prosperous new year to all

All the best

Regards

Mike

I recieved my secret santa gift yesterday and couldn't be happier! Although it looks like my santa tried to play a joke on me by sending two gifts. The first was in a small envelope containing tin labeled coal with some coals bits in it and two pieces of rugosa coral. I found that in the mail box before heading into the house and headed straight for the scissors in the kitchen to open it up. That had me fooled for all of five minutes until I walked into the living room and spotted the rather large box sitting on the couch. Apparently my brother brought it into the house earlier in the day. The box was filled with all kinds of wonderfull fossils but I think my favorite is the plate loaded with coral, brysoa, and crinoids. Thank you so much! Hopefully I'll be able to post some pictures tomorrow.

The package I sent went out on tuesday and has quite a ways to go so it probably won't get there until after Christmas but hopefully before News Year.

Kara

Well I wanted to say thank Santa for my gift.

I'll post the pictures later as I'll need some Id help.

Thanks again for organizing this wonderful event.

Got mine yesterday. Thanks Santa from Texas. Love the crabs. Will post pics when I have time to prep them.

I would love to see them once prepped! Merry Christmas! :D

I too would like to thank my secret Santa for the beautiful pieces that were sent to me :) Unfortunately with all the hustle and bustle around the house I've misplaced the ID key that came with them? If anyone could help ID some of them it'll be much appreciated :D I think C is a devils toenail and E a Brachiopod? Thanks again for organizing this and Merry Christmas to all you folks!

post-7921-0-43355700-1451225504_thumb.jpg

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Hi jcbshark

A = Dactyliocerus Commune 1 whole one and lots of partials (Polished)

B = Dactyliocerus Commune positive & negative(High iron pyrites content)

C = Gryphaea SP 1 polished 1 as found

D = ???? its one to prep so it will be a surprise (most likely a Dac)

E = Pleuromya SP

F = Tetrarhynchia.

All Jurassic 170 to 120 MYO

Regards

Mike

Hi jcbshark

A = Dactyliocerus Commune 1 whole one and lots of partials (Polished)

B = Dactyliocerus Commune positive & negative(High iron pyrites content)

C = Gryphaea SP 1 polished 1 as found

D = ???? its one to prep so it will be a surprise (most likely a Dac)

E = Pleuromya SP

F = Tetrarhynchia.

All Jurassic 170 to 120 MYO

Regards

Mike

Thank you so much Mike :)

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Special thanks to Raptor Lover and IonRocks for making this happen, looks like it was a hit.

Thanks Frank, I really appreciate it :)

attachicon.gifIMG_2940.JPG

My secrect santa gift arrived today from Lauren. Thank you for the awesome and generous gift! I have been looking to add some dino teeth to my collection!

Baby hadrosaur tooth, large triceratops tooth, Bison antiquus tooth and some sort of vertebra found in Carter county MT.

Can any forum members identify the vertebra? It looks like MT dinosaur vertebra I have seen in the past. It's about 2.5 inches long.

post-16815-0-33853700-1451762386_thumb.jpg

post-16815-0-49269900-1451763265_thumb.jpg

post-16815-0-11265300-1451763277_thumb.jpg

post-16815-0-15255800-1451763290_thumb.jpg

post-16815-0-32537500-1451763301_thumb.jpg

Archived