Official Secret Santa! :)

Raptor Lover

Santa came!!! Holy smokes - he left a package at my door this evening!!! I am so excited to investigate all of these in more detail and learn more about them! WhoooOOOOOOP this is awesome!! I am so happy with my Secret Santa, I was not expecting this!!!!

Thank you Daniel (calhounensis) for the awesomest Christmas present :D

The only negative side is that this makes me feel bad about the gift I sent. :blush:

post-12443-0-10040500-1450489917_thumb.jpg

~Happy Holidays to all of you fellow members~

Suvi

Wahoo, nice package.

Edited by David in Japan

~~~~~~~~~~~~〇~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Warmest greetings from Kumamoto、 Japan

I did not intend to make anyone feel bad about their gifts. The monetary value of what I sent was little to me. I have dozens, even hundreds of some of the specimens I sent out. So to me, it meant more to spread knowledge. I'll post the picture of what I received soon. It was something I may have had but from a completely new locality, so I am thrilled to whoever the sender was.. they chose to remain anonymous.

I did not intend to make anyone feel bad about their gifts. The monetary value of what I sent was little to me. I have dozens, even hundreds of some of the specimens I sent out. So to me, it meant more to spread knowledge. I'll post the picture of what I received soon. It was something I may have had but from a completely new locality, so I am thrilled to whoever the sender was.. they chose to remain anonymous.

Sorry, it was a stupid comment from me. I feel 100% like you. And hope It will travel safe from Japan and arrived soon at destination.

I had asked the organizers before I sent it if we were supposed to send it anonymous or not. They indicated that yes, it's "secret" Santa so send anonymous. Since it looks like others didn't send anonymous, I will come clean. Luke.....I am your Secret Santa. :rofl:

Glad you like it. I was worried you might already have some when I saw your avatar of you in a wetsuit. Then I was like...who wouldn't want more than one of these.

Edited by Fossil Claw

Unfortunately if you are sending something via international and need to complete a customs declaration you are required to put your name and address on the form. I would have preferred things to be secret it, is a bit more fun that way. Keeps them guessing and if they don't like the gift then there is always deniable plausibility...........

Just tracked the magic little Canada post santa tracker and my little package is in the destination country and is expected to be delivered on 12/22 (Tuesday).... Hope they like. Had to keep the package small and about one pound shipping rates are stupid ridiculous from Canada to anywhere.....

Looks like Suvi got an amazing Secret Santa. I would agree that often what we have just sitting around and would never display because we have too many of them can be a little gem for someone who does not have one.... For me I just love to be out collecting..... but I only have about 5 or 6 locations that I really ever go to because of distance so I tend to find the same things repeatedly.

Looks like Suvi got an amazing Secret Santa. I would agree that often what we have just sitting around and would never display because we have too many of them can be a little gem for someone who does not have one.... For me I just love to be out collecting..... but I only have about 5 or 6 locations that I really ever go to because of distance so I tend to find the same things repeatedly.

Base on your postings and your gallery, Your 5 or 6 locations make for some awesome repeat finds! Love the eurypterids and trilos in your gallery.

I am fortunate that I have 3 world class locations within 2 hours drive and another about 4 1/2 hours away. Hopefully what I shared for XMAS here will be of interest to the recipient....

Return addresses make it likely that one can venture a good guess as to who their Secret Santa was. To me it doesn't make much difference knowing or not. It is always the thought that counts. BUT, if next year someone continues this, the organizer can have every participant put down a pre-determined return address that everyone uses as a way to keep secret. Then in the unlikelihood that items get returned, the organizer reaps the benefits!!!!

Yep, it's a little bit difficult to stay anonymous when your name is David and you send something from Japan ;)

Hey if we can get one more signup that'd be great

I think its a jolly idea.

COunt me in again next year.

Let me know when your stuff comes in Parker! Not from Secret Santa but it might put a smile on your face none the less.

Just a little sampling of stuff I can get lots more off.

Mail on a Saturday... that's impressive

That is the norm here. If you order with amazon prime, in some locations they pay the postal service to make Sunday Amazon prime deliveries.

Saturday postal service is the norm here also. But it takes an average of 5 days for a letter to get to Me from Sacramento, a distance of 50 miles.

Here is a picture of a lovely fish from My secret santa! :wub:

Lycotera sp.

Jehal biota

lower cretaceous

China(?)

post-16416-0-09374500-1450665576_thumb.jpg

Thank You for the wonderful fossil!! :wub::wub::D

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to You all! :1-SlapHands_zpsbb015b76:

Special thanks to raptorlover and ionrocks for organizing this exchange!! :goodjob:

Tony

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.