These are bad photos I know, I'm just looking for a general classification....Dinosaur or Marine Reptile.

It sure is looking Dinosaurish to me. It displays a flat surface area on each face. In the photos, the top surface is flat , and is what I take to be the neurospine canal. The vert is longer than wide. Recovered today. Looks like a Hadrosauridae vert to me.

If this doesn't look Dinosaurian to you, please share with me your thoughts on what Marine Reptile you think it may be.

post-14571-0-87625500-1449700991_thumb.jpg

post-14571-0-23645000-1449701041_thumb.jpg

--- Joshua

tennesseespride@gmail.com

Where was this item found? Your pictures are not sharp when I enlarge them so it's hard to say what it is. Does not look dinosaurian.

I pulled it in situ out of a Cretaceous formation around home I hunt. The localized member of this formation has yielded Hadrosaurian bones before. And it certainly looks the part to me, I'm just fresh in w/ it and thought I'd post it right quick to see what everyone else thought before starting to look for a nondinosaur type that may match. Extremely sorry about the photos, the new phones camera just isn't up to par...

--- Joshua

I do not see the process attachments and both ends are flat and I only seet one end like that. Again the photos are not helping the ID

The hole under the knife, retrieved from there.

post-14571-0-95838700-1449702838_thumb.jpg

--- Joshua

I'm sorry, I have to figure something out on this camera situation quick. I can at least verify the essentials, it is bone, it's a small vertebra and I have retrieved dinosaur bone material here before, and marine reptile material too.

--- Joshua

Clearout and refurbished cameras can be very good reasonable buys. Also good used digital cameras can be excellent buys. I wish I had my older 8 meg camera back, it took great photos.

IMO, the images suggest that it could be dinosaurian, but it could be something else too.

Big help, huh?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Outoffocusosaurus. Sorry, couldn't resist. I also think there is not enough to the pix to get some of the details we might need to say one way or another.

IMO, the images suggest that it could be dinosaurian, but it could be something else too.

Big help, huh?

Well, it beats a "oh no, not dinosaurian." :)

--- Joshua

Outoffocusosaurus. Sorry, couldn't resist. I also think there is not enough to the pix to get some of the details we might need to say one way or another.

AWHAHAHAHAHA!!! :D

Man I got to come up w/ some resolution, this is seriously cramping my style....

--- Joshua

Josh, hit one of the pawn shops and try to find one of the small Canon PowerShots (SD 1100, 1200, or 1300 are great little field cameras). You should be able to pick up something under $30.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

The phone camera is focusing on the background. try taking the photo on a table and square down that should fix the focus issue.

Mike

The cheapest clip-attachable macro lenses are 2-3$ off ebay. Fit virtually any phone and pictures taken with them cannot be worse than these :P

Well, it beats a "oh no, not dinosaurian." :)

You posted your pictures to get our input in what we see. If you have a hangup with what our input is you should look elsewhere

Joshua, my phone I have to tap the screen on what I want it to focus on, then I shoot the picture and I make sure it's on the correct setting. Maybe try that if you have a smart phone.

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

You posted your pictures to get our input in what we see. If you have a hangup with what our input is you should look elsewhere

Sir, you misinterpreted that comment, I didn't mean anything offensive by it to anyone.

--- Joshua

Archived