Some North Sulphur River Fossils

tracer

hi. long time no post. i thought i'd try to get things back to normal by posting a picture i've had a while of some north sulphur river fossils tj and i found once upon a time. so here they are. yay fossils!

post-488-1239928547_thumb.jpg

Awesome love the variety. That place is fossil heaven for me.The creeks around here are full of trash and the Sulphur makes a nice escape from the city trash. Nice trachyscaphites , I'd really like to find a complete one.

Awesome love the variety. That place is fossil heaven for me.The creeks around here are full of trash and the Sulphur makes a nice escape from the city trash. Nice trachyscaphites , I'd really like to find a complete one.

yeah, i really love that place, but wish it weren't so far away and so over-hunted. it's really difficult to describe what our trips up that way were like. everything was different and the first time we went was in the fall and it was cold and the spirit of adventure was very high. i'll never forget it.

yeah, i really love that place, but wish it weren't so far away and so over-hunted. it's really difficult to describe what our trips up that way were like. everything was different and the first time we went was in the fall and it was cold and the spirit of adventure was very high. i'll never forget it.

The really neat thing about that river is that you really can't see it from afar. It kind of sneaks up on as you get right on top of it.The rains lately have redistributed huge loads of pea sized gravel bars completely away. I think I'll start taking pictures at a certain point every time I go there,then I could reference the photos to see where the gravel bars have been redistributed to. I hope you and TJ make it up there sometime in the future.

Very nice finds of TJ's!

I don't want to offend you but seems like your son finds more fossils than You do. :P

Welcome to the forum!

Noone has that ability just now...

But now I do!

The hackers forgot to rub their silver bullets with Kryptonite B)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Very nice finds of TJ's!

I don't want to offend you but seems like your son finds more fossils than You do. :P

well, he's closer to the ground, has younger eyes, and isn't distracted by all the voices...

But now I do!

The hackers forgot to rub their silver bullets with Kryptonite B)

he's BAAAAAaaaaacccckkkkk!!!!!

(hide the bottles)

The really neat thing about that river is that you really can't see it from afar. It kind of sneaks up on as you get right on top of it.The rains lately have redistributed huge loads of pea sized gravel bars completely away. I think I'll start taking pictures at a certain point every time I go there,then I could reference the photos to see where the gravel bars have been redistributed to. I hope you and TJ make it up there sometime in the future.

i read a study about that river and how it was straightened back when and how much erosion and sediment load it carried now. the fissile nature of the shale just doesn't work with a straightened, steeper, faster-running river. it's kinda like a fluvial black hole that i'm afraid at some point will reach critical mass and just suddenly erode the entire world. omg, i think the hackers invaded my brain! <rolling around on the floored, kicking and screaming in albanian>

Hey, gotta love the Sulphur! Good finds.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

i read a study about that river and how it was straightened back when and how much erosion and sediment load it carried now. the fissile nature of the shale just doesn't work with a straightened, steeper, faster-running river. it's kinda like a fluvial black hole that i'm afraid at some point will reach critical mass and just suddenly erode the entire world. omg, i think the hackers invaded my brain! <rolling around on the floored, kicking and screaming in albanian>

Tracer, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but they hacked your brain along time ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Nice finds !

We are going Monday , will post up what we run across .

Yeah 4 hour drive for us , but it is usually worth it when we find a fossil or 2 .

We walk some 5 to 6 miles every time we go .

Hunting fossils is fun , but discovering is better !