Got To Meet Up With Sharkdentist And Svillej Today

AeroMike

Met up with Sharkdentist and svillej after work today and got to see their awesome Lee creek finds (some day I will be able to get a slot too, LOL)

Thought I would post a couple of finds, seems my whale tooth streak is going strong, LOL

I believe the bottom right tooth is a thresher or maybe a benedini???? I have not heard of any threshers coming from this creek but I do know a few Bene's have been found here, I looked online to identify the other two teeth. I thought the large tooth was a mako but the root has that line in it down the middle, is it a Sand Tiger???? Do not know the top right tooth,

DSC_0005.jpg

" This comment brought to you by the semi-famous AeroMike"

you lucky dog Shawn and myself both looked at the tooth and it appears it is a benedeni. Shawn said he will be home tommorw if you want to come by

It certainly does look as though you've found a small benedeni there. As for the Mako/ Sand tiger, does the tooth show signs of former cusps and is the groove a distinct nutrient groove or a well-placed hydration crack?

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

Y'know, I've decided that some of my favorite threads are about these member meet-ups :) .

If I can ever get ahead of my daily business demands, I'm gonna' make some of these happen for me!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Y'know, I've decided that some of my favorite threads are about these member meet-ups :) .

If I can ever get ahead of my daily business demands, I'm gonna' make some of these happen for me!

Auspex you are more than welcome to hunt with us anytime you just let us know.

Auspex you are more than welcome to hunt with us anytime you just let us know.

Thank you! Something to look forward to & keep me going.

I'm smiling so big, I had to put on sunglasses to keep my ears where they belong :D

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Met up with Sharkdentist and svillej after work today and got to see their awesome Lee creek finds (some day I will be able to get a slot too, LOL)

Thought I would post a couple of finds, seems my whale tooth streak is going strong, LOL

I believe the bottom right tooth is a thresher or maybe a benedini???? I have not heard of any threshers coming from this creek but I do know a few Bene's have been found here, I looked online to identify the other two teeth. I thought the large tooth was a mako but the root has that line in it down the middle, is it a Sand Tiger???? Do not know the top right tooth,

DSC_0005.jpg

Mike, both teeth look like Makos, either Isurus hastalis or Isurus retroflexus. The black color and wear from that creek doesn't help.

yea its the same for me only problem is its usually in Texas haha

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

Very nice finds and it is great to hunt with fellow members when you can. B)B)B):D

It's my bone!!!

It certainly does look as though you've found a small benedeni there. As for the Mako/ Sand tiger, does the tooth show signs of former cusps and is the groove a distinct nutrient groove or a well-placed hydration crack?

No signs at all of former cusps, and I believe it looks like a distinct nutrient groove.

Very nice finds and it is great to hunt with fellow members when you can. B)B)B):D

You said it Worthy! As for me, I have a really great group of fella's that I hunt with when I can. They are all knowledgable and I am learning a lot besides just finding teeth.

Archived