dinodigger

Hey gang, been a while since I got the chance to post- the Whiteside Museum is rockin and rollin- we've entertained nearly 9000 guests since our opening 18 months ago. Woohoo!! Field work has been non-stop. I am visiting 5 ranches on regular basis now- one ranch has 4 quarries all stratigraphicaly correlated with some of the greatest concentrations of the big-bodied amphibian Eryops- plus an overwhelming amount of disarticulated Edaphosaurus remains in the same bed. One of the photos shows a great Daphy rib lying on the bedding plane of an old swamp. Still prepping the Jody Diadectes skull- going to be one of the most complete on record. Sitting next to it in the massive block is a fantastic proximal caudal- and next to that as of noon, a beautiful Diadectes incisor, no doubt fallen from the skull. Anyhoo, if you haven't been to the museum, please come by and check out the exhibits and our new research lab.

Cheers and happy digging,

Chris

https://www.flickr.com/photos/45026327@N05/albums/72157662658279792

• I found this Informative 2

Thanks for the update. I really enjoyed your linked gallery.

It's hard to remember why you drained the swamp when your surrounded by alligators.

Even though your post are few and far between, its worth the wait, you are obviously busy, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

• I found this Informative 1

I haven't made it back since opening day but hope to this spring. It helps to get occasional reports from the Nolans about their adventures up there but I'm really looking forward to seeing you for your talk at the Dallas Paleo meeting in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the update.