B, really has me stumped. It's a very 3D specimen, and I've seen similarities in pictures of flora as well as fauna. My totally wild guess is Amynilyspes wortheni, a pill millipede.

post-6617-0-28103200-1451405132_thumb.jpg

I'm only seeing what looks like a coprolite but Mazon Creek nodules can be terribly subtle and difficult to identify (as you know) and like a Rorschach Test in that different people can see different things in them. I have many questionable pieces and I really appreciate ones are distinctive enough to identify it to the type of creature (if not to species).

Good luck in the identifications--and thanks for the sharp, well-lit photos. Nearly impossible to say much from the blurry dark photos that are sometimes offered with a plea for ID.

Cheers.

-Ken

I agree with the coprolite ID, looks quite similar to the one pictured in Richardson's Guide.

I'm only seeing what looks like a coprolite but Mazon Creek nodules can be terribly subtle and difficult to identify (as you know) and like a Rorschach Test in that different people can see different things in them. I have many questionable pieces and I really appreciate ones are distinctive enough to identify it to the type of creature (if not to species).

Good luck in the identifications--and thanks for the sharp, well-lit photos. Nearly impossible to say much from the blurry dark photos that are sometimes offered with a plea for ID.

Cheers.

-Ken

Thanks, Ken! I like the comparison to a Rorschach Test!

I agree with the coprolite ID, looks quite similar to the one pictured in Richardson's Guide.

Thank you, deutscheben!

Archived