My Fossil Collection... found by me.

Vieira

Hey everyone

Some shark teeth found by me in Portugal.

post-20401-0-42137400-1451925490_thumb.jpg

These teeth were caught by me on the same day, was a day of very good catch.

I think that species are Isurus hastalis and Hemipristis Serra.

Best Regards

Very nice teeth! :)

Thanks for showing us.

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Very nice, they've got some great color: )

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Hello Vieira! Great fossils!

I'm also Portuguese.

Where did you find them? I already have searched for fossils in lots of locations in our country, but never found vertebrates.

Regards,

I love your colors :wub: , but I am not complaining, Black on Black is good for me as long as that is the dominate color combo for me in Florida.

post-2220-0-48939600-1451935273_thumb.jpg

Welcome to TFF. It is a great place for fossil hunters. Look forward to your finds. SS

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Nice finds and a good variety of colors. The blue-grey mako tooth looks similar to an I. retroflexus. Can you post a pic of the other side of the tooth?

I love your colors :wub: , but I am not complaining, Black on Black is good for me as long as that is the dominate color combo for me in Florida.

attachicon.gifMakoSbyS10312014.jpg

Welcome to TFF. It is a great place for fossil hunters. Look forward to your finds. SS

Thanks

I love fossil shark tooth from Florida. In Portugal its very rare find good tooths....

I see a lot of fotos and videos of fantastic megalodon shark teeth and others species from Florida.

Nice finds and a good variety of colors. The blue-grey mako tooth looks similar to an I. retroflexus. Can you post a pic of the other side of the tooth?

Thanks

Can you see better in this photo? I'm not sure of the species.

post-20401-0-87646200-1451950872_thumb.jpg

Another fossil found by me in Portugal.

Verterbra from Miocene

Maybe a ceatation?

post-20401-0-03271300-1451952827_thumb.jpg

post-20401-0-01271300-1451952835_thumb.jpg

post-20401-0-08209700-1451952840_thumb.jpg

Whait for your comments.

Best Regards

It seems to be a retroflexus. They are not very common.

Thanks PaleoRon

I will showing my finds and all help it identification is welcome :) .

Best Regards

I live near Santarém.

Love your Clypeasteroid (sand dollar)

Regards,

Thanks!

Ok. I think the 2 places in Portugal with fossil shark theet and other marine vertebrate, it is in the Cliff of "Costa da Caparica" and Algarve, near of Lagos and Albufeira, but i never explore over there.

Regards

Very nice, love the colors of your shark teeth. Do you ever go looking for dinosaur material on coastal cliffs near Peniche? Not far from Sesimbra.

Love the teeth. I find a lot of smaller ones on the Gulf coast near Galveston but nothing over an inch in size. I can't wait to get out and look again for my prize magladon.

Nice catch

Very nice, love the colors of your shark teeth. Do you ever go looking for dinosaur material on coastal cliffs near Peniche? Not far from Sesimbra.

Thanks Troodon

I have many shark teeth caught by me and i gonna showing my catches. But in Portugal its rare catch good shark teeths, especially megalodon :( .

Yes i look for dinossaur material in that place, but i am a volunteer in Lourinhã Museum, and all material stays to Museum.

The material that i collect for me, its essencially marine vertebrates from Miocene... especially shark teeth :)

Best Regards

Love the teeth. I find a lot of smaller ones on the Gulf coast near Galveston but nothing over an inch in size. I can't wait to get out and look again for my prize magladon.

Nice catch

Thanks Twinlukers!

I love shark teeth too :D .

In Portugal most are small teeth... Its very rare find big shark teeth.

Here are few places to find marine vertebrates from Miocene, and those places are very explored :angry: .

Best Regards

Thanks for help Ron

Can you help me in identification of some fossils? I create a topic in Fossil ID.

Thanks for your time :)

Best regards