Merritt Island, Florida - Pleistocene fossil photos

old bones

21 hours ago, masonboro37 said:

Gorgeous specimens and pictures!

Thank you so much, Libby. I am totally absorbed in studying this matrix. There are so many different species present! Did you try any of this stuff? It is addicting. I am getting a bit better with my IDs...it's taking a lot of research tho. :)

12-2023TFFsig.png.193bff42034b9285e960cff49786ba4e.png

• 1 year later...
13 hours ago, Malone said:

It's an honor to be a beneficiary of your thorough efforts! Thank you very much!

Thank you for the kind words, Malone. It is a good feeling to know that my work is useful to others. :)

2 hours ago, old bones said:

It is a good feeling to know that my work is useful to others. :)

Your diligent work picking through mountains of micro-matrix and then searching through mountains of research to identify your finds is both useful and appreciated by those on TFF. Your excellent micro-photography provides drool-worthy eye candy to those who have never fossil hunted on a micro scale and (I believe) has likely enticed some members to try their hand at expanding their fossil hunting opportunities to their kitchen table. :)

We look forward to reports of your future finds as I'm sure they'll be as envious and jaw-dropping and the ones we've seen so far.

Cheers.

-Ken

Thank, Ken. I am currently working on photographing the hundreds of tiny bits that I have collected over the past few months. I often don't know how 'good' a fossil is until I see the photo on my computer. Then there is lots of editing and sorting of photos. I plan to upload several more family groups soon. :)

• 11 months later...

Wow.  I'm not sure what I like better.  The photography, or the bones.  I am a herpetologist.  Those fossil amphibians are saweet!  Thank you for sharing that.  Is that late Pleistocene stuff? Do you have access to a comparative collection of extant amphibian skeletons to help with your ID's?  

• 3 years later...