Mosasaur paddle bone and ? North TX

John S.

Would this be a mosasaur limb bone? Also I found this tiny crab looking thing? From the eagle ford of far north central Texas. 86-92 mya. Thanks

post-13580-0-81180100-1452296038_thumb.jpg

North Central Texas

Eagle Ford Group / Ozan Formation

Also from the mosasaur material I've seen the bone looks mosasaur but JohnJ has better experience than me so I would say Pleisiosaur

That would definitely be a rare find for me. I usually assume everything is mosasaur around these parts.

North Central Texas

That would definitely be a rare find for me. I usually assume everything is mosasaur around these parts.

Mosasaur is way more common than Pleisiosaur in north and east TX. Most bones I find I also assume mosasaur. Congrats on the great find!

Mosasaur is way more common than Pleisiosaur in north and east TX. Most bones I find I also assume mosasaur. Congrats on the great find!

Thanks William! I appreciate all the help.

North Central Texas

John, a Forum search of plesiosaur will give you several other examples. That material is a little more common in North Texas. ;)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

I think I found a more beat up version today of the same thing. What do you think?

post-19191-0-84036300-1452314989_thumb.jpg

post-19191-0-86320300-1452314990_thumb.jpg

post-19191-0-96402700-1452314991_thumb.jpg

Very cool it's possible. Could also be a chunk of turtle.

North Central Texas

From the color I'm guessing Mosasaur but it's too worn to tell. Funny thing John is most of my good items I find within eyesight of the bridges. People just have trouble spotting them.

I emailed a local expert. He says likely a young pliosaur. A short necked plesiosaur.

post-13580-0-22123900-1452367421_thumb.jpg

North Central Texas

Congrats on the rare find John. Mine was just identified as part of a Plesiosaur propodial. Crazy how I saw your rare find and went hunting and found one. lol

Archived