A Short But Sweet Sunday

Mango

Tried out a new spot in a creek today. It was boys day out. My dad, myself, and my oldest son.

Beautiful day. We found some large chunks of concretion that had not been in the river yet. They produced some shark teeth with interesting color.

I thought I had found the winner of the day. Turned out to be a in pretty rough shape.

Found 6 gar fish scales. I found my first a couple of weeks ago, and can now spot them a lot easier.

A few different scutes were found as well.

post-1351-1240195516_thumb.jpg

post-1351-1240195600_thumb.jpg

post-1351-1240195738_thumb.jpg

post-1351-1240195929_thumb.jpg

post-1351-1240196030_thumb.jpg

Pentax Optio W60

Tried out a new spot in a creek today. It was boys day out. My dad, myself, and my oldest son.

Beautiful day. We found some large chunks of concretion that had not been in the river yet. They produced some shark teeth with interesting color.

I thought I had found the winner of the day. Turned out to be a in pretty rough shape.

Found 6 gar fish scales. I found my first a couple of weeks ago, and can now spot them a lot easier.

A few different scutes were found as well.

It all looks good from my standpoint. I wish my son was a little more interested and my dad a little more able to hunt with me these days. At least my 8-yr old daughter still likes to go on the easier hunts with me!

Did you all get much rain from the systems that pounded TX over the last few days? We had 5" at my house in Houston.

O

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"

The scales, scutes, and a creek shot. The last one is a local that always cares the kids.

post-1351-1240196268_thumb.jpg

post-1351-1240196316_thumb.jpg

post-1351-1240196430_thumb.jpg

post-1351-1240196595_thumb.jpg

Pentax Optio W60

Did you all get much rain from the systems that pounded TX over the last few days? We had 5" at my house in Houston.

O

We got some rain last week. Enough to make the plants happy. The river level has not changed.

Pentax Optio W60

We got some rain last week. Enough to make the plants happy. The river level has not changed.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed!

I like the kid pic - telling him carrying buckets of fossils will turn him into a muscle man!

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"