What I Found Today And Yesterday

barefootgirl

I didn't find much yesterday, so I waited till today in hopes of finding more goodies to post. I found some good things down at the Sulphur River. I want to go back on Wed, since the water was still high and flowing pretty good there today.

post-1082-1240278845_thumb.jpg

Cute little fella I found on Sunday.

post-1082-1240278915_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1240278988_thumb.jpg

Texaswoodie and snakekeeper having a look around. What the Sulphur looked like today.

post-1082-1240279085_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1240279130_thumb.jpg

What little I found on Sunday. Anybody have any ideas what the second pict is?

post-1082-1240279208_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1240279229_thumb.jpg

Im pretty sure i found more of the Turtle.

post-1082-1240279319_thumb.jpg

Snakekeeper found a pretty nodule with crystals in it and he let me have this piece.

post-1082-1240279406_thumb.jpg

Some of the bone I found, all of it river worn and one piece of pet wood.

post-1082-1240279503_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1240279523_thumb.jpg

A piece of an ammonite. Its pretty big, I thought it was cool.

post-1082-1240279587_thumb.jpg post-1082-1240279607_thumb.jpg

This was my best find. A pretty little ammonite covered in yellow crystals

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Nice finds I have got to get up there

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Hmmm, the pics will not open for me.

It was fun getting out with barefoot and Tx woodie.

My best find today is this shark vert from the Sulphur.

I also brought home a little carapaced critter that needs some rehab.

His eyes have a little fungus growing on them. He is probably late last years hatch, so about 7 months old.

I hope "Little Buddy" makes it back to being a healthy happy liitle dude.

Also the watersnake decided to pose,so I obliged.

Thanks again T for showing me your awesome creek!post-417-1240278349_thumb.jpgpost-417-1240278483_thumb.jpgpost-1-1189965617_thumb.jpg

post-417-1240278387_thumb.jpg

I dont know what happened! They were there now I cant see them either.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

I can't open them either?

Something's messed up; there were, then there weren't pics, then there was a double post of them that I merged, now this...

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

What the heck. Do I need to do it over?

Alfred North Whithead

What the heck. Do I need to do it over?

Can you try to reload them?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

Yes, please repost.

All I got to see was snakekeeper handling his namesake and his turtle rescue project.

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"

Hmmm, the pics will not open for me.

It was fun getting out with barefoot and Tx woodie.

My best find today is this shark vert from the Sulphur.

I also brought home a little carapaced critter that needs some rehab.

His eyes have a little fungus growing on them. He is probably late last years hatch, so about 7 months old.

I hope "Little Buddy" makes it back to being a healthy happy liitle dude.

Also the watersnake decided to pose,so I obliged.

Thanks again T for showing me your awesome creek!post-417-1240278349_thumb.jpgpost-417-1240278483_thumb.jpgpost-1-1189965617_thumb.jpg

Hey Barry, Nice shark vert, any teeth to go with it?

well, i wrote the below before your pictures went weird, so anyway, here are the comments...

very interesting pictures. thanks for posting them. i'm surprised that the skink held still long enough for you to capture him for posterity. the poor little slider seems a tad intimidated. that's about as far pulled in as possible. probably got a hernia from it. then again, maybe not. you found some interesting phosphatized gastropod and bivalve molds. I have not been up there many times and haven't found the bivalve molds like that up there. looks like a neithea and maybe something like a lima wacoensis? the clear crystals - calcite? all the calcite tj's wacked out of septaria up there has been yellow, like the ammonite you found, which was obviously formed/preserved inside a nodule.

one of my favorite things is that kind of variety. i love going somewhere where i can find a few each of a number of different kind of things. i also really like finding black phosphatic molds of things.

and there's just nothing to say about brown, well-fossilized cretaceous bone that has to be from marine reptiles.

go you!

I didn't find much yesterday, so I waited till today in hopes of finding more goodies to post. I found some good things down at the Sulphur River. I want to go back on Wed, since the water was still high and flowing pretty good there today.

Two of the little critters I found on my journey.

Texaswoodie and snakekeeper looking around. What the sulphur looked like today.

Cool turtle. Have you seen snakekeepers?

v = 0.25 * g0.5 * SL1.67 * h-1.17

Yeah :D I was there when he found it and took the pict of it and the snake in his hand.

Alfred North Whithead

Nice job guys! But, I'm not seeing the problem with the pics. I think the hacker infected you people.

Nice job guys! But, I'm not seeing the problem with the pics. I think the hacker infected you people.

No i actually reposted everything

Oh yeah neener neener boo boo I beat you!

Alfred North Whithead

Speed Bump!

post-423-1240284613_thumb.jpg

Speed Bump!

That's just awesome! I Love him Snakekeeper. How old is he?

Alfred North Whithead

sweet finds good luck Friday

:gator: :gator: :gator:

i came saw drooled and collected

That's just awesome! I Love him Snakekeeper. How old is he?

Hmmm, lets see....He was given to me in 99.I think he was about 4-5 years old, so between 14-15 yrs.

He was finally named sometime last year by Auspex. Poor thing went nameless too long!Dont ya think?

If he lives a happy health life he should outlive me by many years. I knew I should have had kids!!! I guess I'll donate him to a Zoo in my final hours :)

A great fossil day with great people...... just can't beat that.

Here is my best find of the day.

Thumbnails are clickable.

th_M092copy.jpg

Handful of bones

th_M091copy.jpg

Couple of teeth. I don't look much for teeth, but sometimes the big ones jump out at me.

th_M095copy.jpg

th_M096copy.jpg

Can anyone identify what bone this is?

th_M093copy.jpg

th_M094copy.jpg