Identification Resources for Carboniferous Crinoids and Bryozoans

dre464

Does anyone have any good sources for identifying crinoids and bryozoans from the Pennsylvanian of central Texas. I've found fragmentary articles and papers on Google Books, but I would like to be able to key the specimens that I have collected. Books would be excellent!

Unfortunately, I'm not affiliated with an institution that has access to the latest scholarly works on the subject.

"Men became scientific because they expected Law in Nature, and they expected Law in Nature because they believed in a Legislator." - C.S. Lewis

This book would be for all Texas fossils: Texas Fossils An Amateurs Collector's Handbook. Author: William H. Matthews

"Welcome...To Jurassic Park!" -Richard Attenborough

That's a good book to start with. Lots of nice line drawings and general information. The next step up for local material is Charles Finsley's A Field Guide to Fossils of Texas. It has many excellent photos of the most common fossils from all over the state.

Pennsylvanian Fossils of North Texas by Mark McKinzie and John McLeod. published by Dallas Paleo Society

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

The following state geological surveys have publications on this subject and Pennsylvanian geology in general: Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio and, of course, Pennsylvania.

Archived