Crab fossil help

jaceofspades

Hi just wondering if anyone can tell me what sort if crab I have a fossil of? Any help us appreciated.

post-20645-0-93439800-1454991129_thumb.jpg

post-20645-0-46081800-1454991152_thumb.jpg

post-20645-0-42236500-1454991517_thumb.jpg

Edited by jaceofspades

Hi and welcome from Wyoming, where I am actually having dinner with my Australian friend. You need to give us much better pictures. Here is a tip... after you post your photos, click on them and see what they look like when we all click on them. These are huge and very fuzzy; it is hard to ID a crab with fuzziness.

Edited by jpc

Just to get this straight there are three different specimens all photos taken from the underside ?

Do you know where they were found to assist in reducing the possible species of the crabs

Mike

jaceofspades I was able to find an article on Australian crabs by just typing "fossil crabs Australia pdf" and the paper below comes up. There is a good chance you can ID the specimens you have from the paper as it should be easier having the specimens in the hand. Also remember the crab fossils that come out of the coastal mangroves are usually no older than about eight thousand years old and most will be still living there today

PDF]Sub-fossil Crustaceans from the coasts of Australia

Mike