South Carolina trip

Khyssa

This week on Feb. 19-20 (Friday & Saturday) my friend and I will be in the Edisto/Beaufort area of South Carolina. Originally we had been thinking about the Savanna, Georgia area but changed our minds. The weather looks like it will be pretty good if not a bit on the chilly side. Right now ours plans are to spend the two days beach combing. We will be arriving Thursday night so as to get an early start on Friday.

Does anyone have some suggestions on where to go? Would anyone like to meet up on one of those two days?

Kara

I just got back from Edisto on Valentines day and the weather was cooooooolllddddddd....but i did find some decent teeth especially on the state park end of the beach....look in the shell beds at the high tide mark...they stretch for over a mile down towards Jeremy Inlet

Good luck, Kara--dress warmly and post lots of photos of the area (and some nice in situ photos if you remember). Sounds like a fun trip and looking forward to experiencing it through your camera's lens.

Cheers.

-Ken

Kara I agree with abcwixson, the State Park end of Edisto Beach is a good place to hunt. Julianna and I have some nice finds from there. Good hunting! Jill

' Keep calm and carry on fossiling '

Make sure to swing by the Mace Brown Museum of Natural History at the College of Charleston! Open Saturday and Sunday 11am-4pm.

Good luck Kara, I want to make it up there to hunt someday: )

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Archived