Lee Taylor

Shark Tooth Hill recomendations

ynot
4 hours ago, PalmaShell said:

I'm interested in visiting STH some day soon so I'll be keeping an eye on this topic. Excited to see what turns up there when you go. I'm sure you'll be sharing your finds. Or at least hope you do lol

There are a lot of field trip reports and other threads that discus Shark tooth hill.

If You search the forum for "STH" or "sharktooth hill" You will find a lot of information on the formation.

caldigger

PalmaShell & Ynot, I will document this next trip to Slow Curve. I want others interested in going to see what there is to get..anymore. 

From the stories I am getting, there doesn't sound like much of it left.

We shall see.

PalmaShell
5 hours ago, caldigger said:

From the stories I am getting, there doesn't sound like much of it left.

That's what I'm afraid of... It'll be nice to see or hear an update before I make the trek though. Thanks. 

digit

This is a resuscitation of a slightly zombified topic that has been moribund for a while. I agree that it would be nice to know the current condition of what the digging area at STH looks like at present. I've heard rumors that a portion of the property has been sold off and only the Slow Curve area remains. It is (was?) a great place to hunt for fossils and the micro-matrix is world-class as well (often overlooked by those longing after big makos and megs).

Things should be cooling off in the valley and STH should be open for business again soon. It would be great to get some fresh reconnaissance for this locality.

Cheers.

-Ken

caldigger

Ken, it has actually been open since the last weekend of September. But still kinda warm. It will be in the mid. 80's there this weekend so I may have to pull out the pop up for shade.

digit

Don't go getting heatstroke or you'll forget to take photos and won't remember to make your trip report. :blink::P

Cheers.

-Ken