Hunting In The Garage Again!

RJB

I was rummaging around for some stuff to trade with to a guy in New Zealand when I came across this tooth. It was all by itself and not in any of my boxes of sharks teeth? I do remember that I bought this tooth in Denver or Tucson from people who came from south america about 7 or 8 years ago. if my memory is correct, I think this is a mako? It measures just under 3 inches. I am wondering if I put it aside because of the size? Just how big do these teeth get?

RB

For mako and great white teeth the magic mark is 3 inches. It's like 6 inches for a megalodon. A mako near 3 inches is a large tooth.

For mako and great white teeth the magic mark is 3 inches. It's like 6 inches for a megalodon. A mako near 3 inches is a large tooth.

Thanks Paleoron. That explains it then. I think I will destroy this honkin big thing by goldplating the rooth and putting it around my neck? At least then I go around town thinkin im a BADDASS!!! HA!!!

RB

I think this is a mako? It measures just under 3 inches. I am wondering if I put it aside because of the size? Just how big do these teeth get?

RB

As Ron stated, 3" is the "magic "number for both mako and great white teeth. As for mako teeth, I've seen examples of 3 3/8" so I would guess an example of 3.5" would not be out of the realm of possibility.

yea 3.5 is about the max i have seen some a little over using slant but its not that much bigger

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

Thanks Paleoron. That explains it then. I think I will destroy this honkin big thing by goldplating the rooth and putting it around my neck? At least then I go around town thinkin im a BADDASS!!! HA!!!

RB

even better idea -

send it to TJ just like it is!

as our beloved dan woehr would say, MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

:)

Cool find RJB!!! It looks a lot like a Shark Tooth Hill tooth, but I'm sure it is from South America just cause you said so :D Yes, nice Mako!

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

better yet triad it with us when you come out west hehehe :gator: :gator: :gator:

i came saw drooled and collected

Cool find RJB!!! It looks a lot like a Shark Tooth Hill tooth, but I'm sure it is from South America just cause you said so :D Yes, nice Mako!

positivly south america. Chilea I think? But I saw these same people two and three times a year back then and they always had teeth from the same area.

RB

better yet triad it with us when you come out west hehehe :gator: :gator: :gator:

hey Mrs Micropterus. I want to hang on to this tooth, but i may have something much better for you guys! and a lot harder to get too. Hint, its from New Zealand. WoooooooHoooooooooo!!!!!!!

RB

Just what period is that garage of yours from. Seems to give up some good finds.lol

Mike

Archived