Report From Venice First Timer

iamsharky

post-1109-1240792664_thumb.jpgpost-1109-1240792678_thumb.jpg

Dove four tanks, two on friday and two on saturday with Steve and Maria out of Florida West Scuba School. This was my first time at Venice, Florida. The viz was awesome compared to what i am used to. 30 feet deep and at least 10ft viz. I definately plan on returning. This was my haul. I think I did the FF proud. The largest tooth in the middle was a little over 4 inches. Not the 6-7 incher i was hoping for but still lots of fun. These teeth are being cleaned now so the pictures are pre-cleaning. The bigger teeth were in pretty good shape and nice color.

Miocene/Eocene

haha still nice! lets see you did in one trip what i have been trying to do for 6 years, find a tooth over 4" =) nice teeth once again

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

haha still nice! lets see you did in one trip what i have been trying to do for 6 years, find a tooth over 4" =) nice teeth once again

thanks, hang in there bmore, it's out there and you will find it! you have some killer megs, i have seen them on here!

Miocene/Eocene

thanks, hang in there bmore, it's out there and you will find it! you have some killer megs, i have seen them on here!

haha i know i have nothing to say about my collection, i just pick up whats there! if its a 5" tooth missing the root than thats what i get haha. I hope to have luck first with getting into PCS this weekend and then if that ends up good then i hope i can find something! Maybe not as great as your tooth but ill take a 4" reworked tooth, the best thing i can do is keep a pure and open mind when in the mine. Im a very kind guy and love it when anyone finds something great! So i hope everyone does great while im down there

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

Yes, you did the Forum proud! :applause:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

way to go!! Nice first dive... Did you shore dive or use a service boat?

Hey friend! Remember me, we ate next to each other at the golden corral in washington, nc. Thanks, I used a charter, Florida West Scuba School. Top notch all the way! approx a mile off shore. take care and happy fossiling!

Miocene/Eocene

Guest N.AL.hunter

I sure do remember you. Eating dinner with all the other collectors and meeting forum members was really the highlight of the trip for me. Finding and trading fossils was secondary. Next time I go to Venice Beach, I'll have to bite the bullet and take a boat out.