Spinosaurus claw...

Laboratary FODERE

Hello,

What do you think about that?

I think is 100% real bone but 0% of claw...Lot of fake claw from the Kem-kem on Ebay

post-5456-0-22848200-1456313233_thumb.png

Edited by Laboratary FODERE

Very annoying. I made a thread warning about this seller months ago.

He personally came down to ensure the thread got taken down. And then he continues to scam. Guess we can do little more than to warn everyone else, and continually report him whenever we see it.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Andy, I remember that. I've got to believe that it's ignorance and not intentional just like like that posting of a Rex tooth which was Nano.

Andy, I remember that. I've got to believe that it's ignorance and not intentional just like like that posting of a Rex tooth which was Nano.

I don't know if I can call it ignorance.

The seller himself said this as the thread was locked - I understand that we can sometimes fail and sell a fake by mistake. In this cases, if the buyer notices and he/she let us know, we offer a refund policy where we return him/her all the money and pay for the shipping costs.

That's all, I wanted to state this and say that I'm not ashamed If we ever sold a fake (no customer complained, we've only returned things when they were disappointed because of fossils being fixed/restored), as we've never did it on purpose.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

You might be right. Bottom line any dealer selling Morrocan material has to exercise higher due diligence than normal in insuring that what he sells is authentic. Repetitive cases of questionable material really brings to question his motives and character.

His last statement that he's had no customer complaints is part of how eBay is set up. You have a short period to give feedback and then it becomes more difficult. Most buyers may not find out they have issues until they try to sell it years later or they just don'T knowledge we have.

Or even if a buyer has some experience but only finds out certain discrepancies upon prepping a fossil further.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Just sold for close to $700 with 34 bids...dang.

The seller is also selling several composited Carch teeth that reached high prices as well.

That's really awful.... I wish there was a way to sound the alarm on these guys without having to buy something from them and leave feedback.

"I am a part of all that I have met." - Lord Alfred Tennyson

Just goes to show that you need to make sure what you're buying. Even though some of the fakes and composites weren't the best, it doesn't hurt to ask for someone else's opinion.

That's really awful.... I wish there was a way to sound the alarm on these guys without having to buy something from them and leave feedback.

LINK

• I found this Informative 1

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ