Morels Yes, Fossils No

infocalypse1

Spent a delightful weekend walking the beach at Calvert Cliffs. Shark teeth were pretty scarce, but did get a few things in chunks of cliff fall. To compensate for the lack of fossils, took a walk in the woods, which were loaded with morels, brought out by the hot weather (near 90 on Saturday and in the low 90s on Sunday). Got a grocery bag full. Yum!

Spent a delightful weekend walking the beach at Calvert Cliffs. Shark teeth were pretty scarce, but did get a few things in chunks of cliff fall. To compensate for the lack of fossils, took a walk in the woods, which were loaded with morels, brought out by the hot weather (near 90 on Saturday and in the low 90s on Sunday). Got a grocery bag full. Yum!

did you go to calvert cliffs state park? if you did thats like one of the worst places to go, for teeth i would have gone to purse state park. Its not miocene but you could walk away with upwards of 1000 teeth, as for the bay your pretty limited, lots of people find megs at brownies but for me i usually find makos and cow sharks so thats where i would have gone, but in the end it sounds like you enjoyed your time along the cliffs so all is good in the end. Keep safe and watch out where you step there might just be a meg waiting there for you

post-1554-1240848847_thumb.jpg

post-1554-1240848920_thumb.jpg

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

I like shark teeth but I would much rather have a grocery bag full of morels. Wat to go.

Mike