Meg Dive 04/28

megateeth

I was diving in a spot that I have dove before and dug some nice teeth out from under a sunken boat. The current has dug a large hole under the boat and as I reached under the boat I felt some loose bones including some megs. They were some pretty nice teeth. I also found a very nice ear bone and another bone that maybe someone can identify.

post-1309-1240976057_thumb.jpg post-1309-1240976065_thumb.jpg post-1309-1240976075_thumb.jpg

post-1309-1240976085_thumb.jpg post-1309-1240976100_thumb.jpg post-1309-1240976112_thumb.jpg

well they both are off of ear bones, the large round thing is known as the hood

oh and do i even need to tell you! great teeth!!!!!!

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

Nice finds, take me with you next time! :D

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

well they both are off of ear bones, the large round thing is known as the hood

oh and do i even need to tell you! great teeth!!!!!!

Thanks. It seems like forever since I found some nicer teeth. The root on the one is a bit chipped though.

Primo quality!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

LOL, it might have been. It kind of freaks me out though. The boat is in the middle of one of the places that I dive. You are going along at 45 feet and then you drop into a hole about 6 feet deeper. It is not very big but it is full of metal debris from the boat. Towards one end the hole slopes gets even deeper. As you crawl down that slope, you bump something above you which is the boat. The current has created a hole under the boat and it is big enough that you could crawl under it a bit. I back away at that point because the last thing you want to do is get hung on something while under the boat or have it somehow shift while you are under it. Last night though I reached under the boat and found two of those megs immediately. I spent a few more minutes reaching under the boat without crawling under it and did not find anything else so I backed away and focused on digging in the hole itself where I found the rest. You could go further under the boat but I would not chance it.

I always look at finding something on a weeknight as a bonus because it is so hard to get out after work. It was a pretty nice haul for a Tuesday night.

Those are some really nice teeth!! The boat's name wasn't the ORCA was it? :D

Amazing Teeth ! Maybe you could use a garden rake to get some material out from under the boat without risking life and limb. Great stuff ! Be Safe.

Simply WOW!!! And brave too. I cant go into a cave, and I guarantee you that I would NOT go under that boat!!! Scares me just to think about it!

RB

Wow! Nice teeth! And a great adventure story to go along with it. Be safe though....don't take any chances with that boat.

Amazing Teeth ! Maybe you could use a garden rake to get some material out from under the boat without risking life and limb. Great stuff ! Be Safe.

Thanks for the comments and concerns everyone. earthdog, I do not usually take tools down because they are a pain to lug around but I do like the rake idea. I may have to try that. I will be careful though.

Bill

Dang, that's some amazing stuff Bill! Good job and smart move about not going further under the boat. I bet it was tempting with teeth like that.

youtube-logo-png-46031.png

Thanks. It seems like forever since I found some nicer teeth. The root on the one is a bit chipped though.

hey are you offering it to me haha! :P

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

I was diving in a spot that I have dove before and dug some nice teeth out from under a sunken boat. The current has dug a large hole under the boat and as I reached under the boat I felt some loose bones including some megs. They were some pretty nice teeth. I also found a very nice ear bone and another bone that maybe someone can identify.

post-1309-1240976057_thumb.jpg post-1309-1240976065_thumb.jpg post-1309-1240976075_thumb.jpg

post-1309-1240976085_thumb.jpg post-1309-1240976100_thumb.jpg post-1309-1240976112_thumb.jpg

Wow those are some really really nice teeth. I need to get dive certified!

DO, or do not. There is no try.

Those are just so sweet! Your one lucky man. :drool:

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

"I always look at finding something on a weeknight as a bonus because it is so hard to get out after work."

You should apply for a job with Poolman. :D

Pentax Optio W60