Sloshing Around

CreekCrawler

Well the rain made me antsy today. Two weeks prior I had lost my wristwatch along the shores of Lake Texoma while beach combing.So I sid to myself"Self" you need to go look for your watch....and collect along the way :P

I managed an Eopachydiscus and a Mortoniceras ammonite. Im surprised my backpack held up to the abuse of two heavy ammonites pulling on the straps on that very long walk. I left plenty of Ammos there for the next collector.I found a few Echies,but this one stood out.Well...except for the crack in the test.Oh, no watch to be found.Maybe next time :)post-417-1241147884_thumb.jpgpost-417-1241147911_thumb.jpgpost-417-1241148271_thumb.jpg

Nice finds, I love ammonites and echs, I might just have to go see what i can come up with.

Also saw these two out getting some sun.Juvenile Tx.Rat and a Diamondback Watersnake.post-417-1241149681_thumb.jpgpost-417-1241149711_thumb.jpg

post-417-1241149765_thumb.jpg

Nice snakes. While I was taking pics at the 34 bridge, washing down the concrete steps there was a small snake also but it was moving so fast I couldn't get a pic of it. It was trying everything it could to get out of the water but the force was too strong for him to get out.

Nice. I can't wait to get up there on Mem Day weekend. That Inoceramus has shell material preserved. Cool.

Well the rain made me antsy today. Two weeks prior I had lost my wristwatch along the shores of Lake Texoma while beach combing.So I sid to myself"Self" you need to go look for your watch....and collect along the way :P

I managed an Eopachydiscus and a Mortoniceras ammonite. Im surprised my backpack held up to the abuse of two heavy ammonites pulling on the straps on that very long walk. I left plenty of Ammos there for the next collector.I found a few Echies,but this one stood out.Well...except for the crack in the test.Oh, no watch to be found.Maybe next time :)post-417-1241147884_thumb.jpgpost-417-1241147911_thumb.jpgpost-417-1241148271_thumb.jpg

Nice sloshing! :D

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Good finds!

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

Nice stuff Barry. I'll see you in a couple of weeks.

(your watch is probably in Texarkana by now) :P

Good show Barry. You can never have too many ammonites......

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

wow nice looking snakes!!! and even better looking fossils

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

Thanks everyone,it sure is splendid getting out enjoying Mo-Nature.

The fossils are definitely a bonus.

It looks like the Red River area up there is going to get pounded again.

Time to get the boots back on!

Cool stuff Barry,

We could always hit Texoma soon, too...

You know how I like to crack hard rocks!

O

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"