Is Bigger Better?

CliffAddicted

I think my 3.5 Inch is prettier than my 3.75, is bigger better? I found the 3.5 sitting on its side up against a boulder on the beach with a 2.5 sitting a foot away cocked up on its side against another boulder. Oh happy day. Some of you have seen these before, sorry for the repeat, they are not new to my collection.

post-173-1200268838_thumb.jpg

post-173-1200269023_thumb.jpg

post-173-1200366652_thumb.jpg

To me I think the prettier one would be better those both seem to be in very excellent condition and the sizes are very close. :D

They are both nice, but if I were forced to choose I would go with the meg in the first pic. It has a beautiful soft

color to the blade with red trim below the bourlette - very striking tooth!

-greel

I would have to go with the tooth on the right although both are excellent., just something extra about it!

If I found stuff like that , I would be tempted to camp right on the beach when it was warm enough.

BTW, are you having to really bundle up to hunt?

Welcome to the forum!

That's not fair, you're comparing a front to a back. Personally, if they're that close in size, I would take the better condition one be it bigger or smaller and assuming colors are nearly the same.

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

Hey Roz, no bundle up. Neoprene wader suit and 2 sweatshirts and a Frog Togg Jacket and I am burning up ripping stuff off with beads of sweat forming around my head. Even when it is 20F I do not wear a coat just a few layers, always a hoodie. I only like the neoprene when it is below 40F, the lightweight waders and sweats and hunting socks work really well. Latex gloves hehe. Now back to the 2 Chubbies, the bigger one has a much thicker, heavier root, they both are in excellent condition, red bourlette lines are almost common in the chubbies here. I love the teeth here, we have just about every color of the rainbow. I want a big crayola crayon box with all the colors filled by sharks teeth. Or a 4 Inch complete Chubutensis would be nice. ~dreaming~

I have noticed about the teeth there..about so many shades found.

Wonder why that is. Always assumed it was minerals that color most, but

not really positive. Do you know?

The way you find teeth, that crayon box should be full soon. :D

Welcome to the forum!

I have noticed about the teeth there..about so many shades found.

Wonder why that is. Always assumed it was minerals that color most, but

not really positive. Do you know?

The way you find teeth, that crayon box should be full soon. :D

There is bluegreen clay boulders and almost white chalky and yellow colored clay, and the various minerals. Some of them look like Indian beads.