Venice Beach Dive #3

Pool Man

Hello all!

The vis was not to bad today(8-10'). The water was choppy and was dragging my bouy all over the place, so not as many finds as the last two trip but still some nifty stuff. I did find what I think is a fish tooth that I dont recognize.

I did learn a good lesson though today, make sure you clean a new mask very good before to dive with it. My brand new one is uber but was fogging constatly.

post-148-1241305211_thumb.jpg

post-148-1241305235_thumb.jpg post-148-1241305241_thumb.jpg

Fish tooth?

Thanks for looking!

Dan

the fish tooth looks mosasaury, but yes, i know it's too young. but maybe someone who had been collecting the cretaceous went to florida and had left it in his pocket and it fell out while he was diving...

could happen

i would go with fish, it doesnt look like croc or gator to me and i cant think of any dolphin or whale that would look like that

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

I love looking at all those teeth! So sweet. :)

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Hello all!

The vis was not to bad today(8-10'). The water was choppy and was dragging my bouy all over the place, so not as many finds as the last two trip but still some nifty stuff. I did find what I think is a fish tooth that I dont recognize.

I did learn a good lesson though today, make sure you clean a new mask very good before to dive with it. My brand new one is uber but was fogging constatly.

Thanks for looking!

Dan

You need to clean both the inside and outside of new masks with toothpaste to remove the film that's on the surface of new masks. Then of course you always have to clean the inside of masks with a defogger (or spit) before each tank.

i'd like to hear what some others think that tooth is from.

Dan, can you get a pic of the tooth taken out in the sun?

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

I cleaned mine with tothpaste(the non gritty formula) a couple times before I used it and didnt have a problem with it, the out some sort of protective film on it at the plant they make them, just put a dab in each lens and rub it around with your finger real good I did it twice on mine...

And nice finds too, I want to make it to Venice this year but I`ll have to see if work holds out long enough to keep the cabbage coming inLOL

Thanks for all the replies! I'll definatly do the toothpaste thing.

Here's the best shots I can get of the tooth so far.

post-148-1241371074_thumb.jpgpost-148-1241371080_thumb.jpg

post-148-1241371085_thumb.jpgpost-148-1241371088_thumb.jpg