Galveston Beachs

Seldom

Might be of interest to anyone who hunts beachs

http://theislandermagazine.com/magazine/in...5&Itemid=59

http://theislandermagazine.com/magazine/in...0&Itemid=59

Theres one about a horse tooth found after Ike also but can not find it now

Seldom

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

That is a handy guide. I also saw the actual guide online.

Looks like something I'll order....

Beachcomber Guide Here

Not sure the guide is about fossils though. Still for you that live by beaches sounds good

anyway..

Welcome to the forum!

In the second text, there are two errors on it. Here is the text:"The oldest teeth around Galveston would be from the Miocene epoch (12 to 28 million years) but more likely is from the [i]Pleistocene epoch (2 to 10 million years)[/i] according to Fredrick Pfeil, a German paleontologist I contacted through my fossil network group".

I assume it is a print confussion, because if not, this paleontologist assume that Pliocene didn`t exist (or only had 2 million years), and that modern Homo Sapiens, at least, are 2 million year old! :faint:

...Numbers are not my favorite, but as far as I could remember aswell, Miocene finished 5.5 (more or less) million years, not 12 as said in the text.

I love Galveston but never went fossil hunting there. I found plenty of coconuts on the beach, though!

In the second text, there are two errors on it. Here is the text:"The oldest teeth around Galveston would be from the Miocene epoch (12 to 28 million years) but more likely is from the [i]Pleistocene epoch (2 to 10 million years)[/i] according to Fredrick Pfeil, a German paleontologist I contacted through my fossil network group".

I assume it is a print confussion, because if not, this paleontologist assume that Pliocene didn`t exist (or only had 2 million years), and that modern Homo Sapiens, at least, are 2 million year old! :faint:

Thanks MOROPU I thought the numbers were off but being new could not say for sure I do not have the convenience to say much but will get there I hope.

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

...for helping you, here I send you an era chart that a member of the forum send me. Enjoy it! ;) Ooops! This one didn`t work! Let`s try this one! tarbuck%20timescale.jpg