Hey Anyone Going To Fossil Fest?

Frank Menser

post-1313-1241382335_thumb.jpg

Anyone headed to Aurora on Sat the 23rd? If you haven't gone, Fossil Fest is the one show here and the locals do their best to make it a full fledged fair with parades and everything. Besides the sales booths there are lots of private collector exibits that are really good.

They have a great auction this year (Sat at three) I already previewed it and plan to bid on some goodies. My wife and I will be there for at least the first part of the day (health allowing) and would love to meet some of you forum folk. Just look for the tall strange lookin guy wit the cute little woman... :D

Be true to the reality you create.

I will be down helping set up all of the week before the festival and will also be there on Saturday. I don't know what stations I will be working at but will be there all day.

I'll be there wandering around when I'm not assisting my buddy Mark with his booth.

You can always find me registering the auction participants and working the auction with Jay!

I will definitely be attending as many days as possible. By the time I found out about it, I checked with the museum and their volunteer list was full, but they said if I show up maybe they can find something for me to do. I have never been to any kind of event like this before so I am very excited, even if all I can do is sit on the sidelines this year. I would love to meet some of the fellow forum'ers on here as well!!

I will be heading there as well. It will be nice meeting the forum members who are attending.

Me thinks I am going to put a tag on my shirt that says Fossil Forum. You are all welcome to come over and see if I spelled it right.... :rolleyes:

We're going!! This will be the first one that mrs.beachbum and myself will attending. We're pretty anxious on seeing whats there and looking forward to the auction Saturday afternoon.

yea if i cant get the family to come down ill be down by myself. Next year ill be able to help out down there with the set up but i think ill be in school still this year.

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

ill be there all week helping set up and get things ready. I hope to meet some of you guys there.

Found out I won't be able to go after all. *insert lots of crying smiley faces here* Saw a doc about some health issues, and he has temporarily banned me from driving until I have some testing done - which I can't drive to. This absolutely sucks, I had to cancel my GMR trip with MIKEDOTB this weekend, too. Why can't the fossils come to me????? Please post pics of the festival for me, if possible. I reeeeaaalllly wanted to go!!!!! Can you tell by my use of excessive punctuation?

Found out I won't be able to go after all. *insert lots of crying smiley faces here* Saw a doc about some health issues, and he has temporarily banned me from driving until I have some testing done - which I can't drive to. This absolutely sucks, I had to cancel my GMR trip with MIKEDOTB this weekend, too. Why can't the fossils come to me????? Please post pics of the festival for me, if possible. I reeeeaaalllly wanted to go!!!!! Can you tell by my use of excessive punctuation?

Sorry to hear that. I hope all is well soon. I will be there setting up. I will try to get lots of photos. I may bring the 6.94" tooth but I am not sure.

That is too bad. I cannot drive as well (also for med reasons) fortunately my wife can and she is as anxious as I am to get there. We will be bringing a couple of the (ID forum) undentified pieces. Would love to see that big Meg!

We are making arraingements for our Ammonite collection to be on display there in October, also possibly some of my drawings.

I wasn't going to go this year, but I received my fossil newsletter, saying that Brett Kent will be guest speaking on the subject of the shark

Parotodus benedeni. I can't miss that, so I'm going. I hope they have better material in the spoil piles this year.

-greel

post-1313-1241382335_thumb.jpg

Anyone headed to Aurora on Sat the 23rd? If you haven't gone, Fossil Fest is the one show here and the locals do their best to make it a full fledged fair with parades and everything. Besides the sales booths there are lots of private collector exibits that are really good.

They have a great auction this year (Sat at three) I already previewed it and plan to bid on some goodies. My wife and I will be there for at least the first part of the day (health allowing) and would love to meet some of you forum folk. Just look for the tall strange lookin guy wit the cute little woman... :D

I ran into a lot of fossil forum members at the last fossil collecting trip at the Lee Creek mine and know there will be a pretty good size group there for the fossil fair. We will also be having members coming over from Italy also. It would be great if we could all plan a night to go out to dinner so we can all get to know each other. It was great meeting the members at on this last trip. I had been thinking maybe Saturday night so we can also show off what we bought during the fair.

Linda and Ernie

The best days are spent collecting fossils

We will be meeting forum members for dinner at Black Beards Oyster Bar on Friday night at 8 in Washington, NC Hwy 17. You can also order from there restaurant. Also closest hotels to Aurora are in Washington, NC.

Bought a hat and tee shirt but they will arrive too late. I am going to put a tag on my shirt identifying I'm with the forum.

Bought a hat and tee shirt but they will arrive too late. I am going to put a tag on my shirt identifying I'm with the forum.

Good idea we will ware a tag on hat or something also.

Hey we should all ware the same color of shirts or something so we know we are from the forum. Any ideas of what we could do so we know our fellow fossil members. Then we can all meet for dinner at Black Beards Oyster Bar or do the dinner cruise? Ideas anyone?

I really like the idea of meeting for dinner somewhere. I am anxious to meet people from the forum. I am setting up Friday and leaving Saturday night but could do dinner either night. I probably would not have time for the cruise though. I do not know my way around town at all so maybe if we meet at the fair then go to dinner. Also, Does anyone know of a nice place to stay that is not too far away? As for ID, my table will have a big banner that says Megateeth so I hope people introduce themselves.

I really like the idea of meeting for dinner somewhere. I am anxious to meet people from the forum. I am setting up Friday and leaving Saturday night but could do dinner either night. I probably would not have time for the cruise though. I do not know my way around town at all so maybe if we meet at the fair then go to dinner. Also, Does anyone know of a nice place to stay that is not too far away? As for ID, my table will have a big banner that says Megateeth so I hope people introduce themselves.

I wish I could go, but I won't get to this year. I think the meeting for dinner idea is a good one, though... If you guys do, make sure to get a group photo :D

youtube-logo-png-46031.png

I've stayed at Holiday Inn Express in Washington, haven't had any problems. New Bern might be a good option as well if you are coming from the south. Aurora is about 1/2 hour from either location. Good luck!