Newest Drawings

Frank Menser

These are the latest from my project. The first is a Tiktaalik roseae, a possible missing link between fish and tetrapods.

post-1313-1241394706_thumb.jpg

This is unfinished and is a group of Americaspis in a possible feeding/mating group.

post-1313-1241394736_thumb.jpg

I am trying to portray these in as lifelike a situation as posible so please any critiques/ideas are welcome.

Be true to the reality you create.

I think they're absolutely gorgeous! What an eye for detail and vivid imagination you have. :thumbsup:

Beautiful! I'll bet you could make some pretty Crinoids too. :P

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

Very nice work....... you have a fantastic skill and imagination, bringing the fossil back to life.....

Well Done !

Thanks Steve

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Beautiful! I'll bet you could make some pretty Crinoids too. :P

Ok...Shamalama, it's your fault :D

You just gave me an idea for another drawing.

Stay tuned.... ;)

Have niether at present, but Acanthostega falls within the theme of the display. Thanks for the tip! Will be using crinoids in some of the pics but one is going to be a very different view.

• 2 weeks later...

Are all very nice,you have a good and an expert hand for the drawings,compliments! You drew the Cephalaspis or Zanaspis fishes? :mellow: I love these type of fishes! :) Thanks for showing!

Cheers,

Red

->>>>> :)<

post-1313-1242478102_thumb.jpg

This is the finished version of the Americaspis.

I am taking notes here. I have about three drawings in progress and the great suggestions you all are giving me are being incorporated. Thanks!

All your drawings are of creatures that are alive; much better than the stiff, stilted "specimens" too often portrayed. Wonderful work!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the latest. On the Crinoid pic I could not find a good photo that showed the mouth so I faked it and added small trilobies to mask my guestimate which (hopefully) isn't too far off... :rolleyes:

post-1313-1243297581_thumb.jpgpost-1313-1243297612_thumb.jpg

Archived