Pumped For Pcs

Fat Boy

I'm scheduled to go to PCS on May 9th. Anyone else going?

I keep looking for new reports...keep reading old reports...memorizing as much as I can on Elasmo.com...working on my GMR sifter...getting my gear in order...got Pungo Crawl knee pads...stacked up water bottles in my back pack...helmet fits ready to go...check list checked...

Going through parts of my collection like a little kid. Watching the weather channel praying that my day won't be cancelled and have floods at the GMR. I'm torn between wanting rain to expose goodies but at the same time hoping not too much to keep me out of the mine.

I can't wait.

Anyway. What will my strategy be? To hike as far away as I can looking for Yorktown and hunt my way back? Ramble around like a kid in a candy store, go slow, and collect anything that I happen to find without any particular strategy? One thing I have to do is keep my mouth shut and use the collecting time wisely. I tend to chat too much. Heck, I like people. So if anyone runs into me and I turn tail and run, it's simply to protect you and your collecting time. Maybe I'll just lay down and roll down the ramp like a little kid on a grassy hill, only stopping to dig out a meg that everyone overlooked.

Did I say I can't wait? Please, someone post some more reports. I'm so stoked that I can't even flip through the cable channels looking for anything paleo.

I need some carrot cake :P

Seriously.

Hemipitchis, do your homework!

Kevin Wilson

I'll be there on Saturday, along with a few other Forum members. I'll let them identify themselves.

If you believe everything you read, perhaps it's time for you to stop reading...

wow seems like another weekend with alot of fossil forum members this is great! Well you guys are getting alot of rain which is great so im sure that there will be a few big teeth found, just hope that you guys find them.

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

i could get you some good pictures but both of my cameras are in Aruba right now....

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

Steve - you let your cameras go on vacation to Aruba without you??? :faint: Fatboy and Hawkeye, I look forward to meeting you (I will be driving the truck carrying all the backpacks and stuff in).

Man,, you guys suck, in a good way. You blokes make me wish I lived alot closer. Always doing some kind of fossil hunting. I miss that very very much. You guys have fun. This is one of the times that I will be out and fossil hunting at the same time. Maybe we should do the 'compair fossils' thing when we all get back? Hold it, you guys wont stand a chance!!!!! Hows that for starting the competition?!!!! I,,, and my buddy's will bury you guys!!! So,,,, the question is, are you guys willing to take this challenge? if so, pick a judge. I dont care who it is, you wont and cant win! HA!!!

What have I started? Bring it on guys. Im ready for this? Ha!!! This is gettin fun already and I havent even left yet.. But ask me if im afraid? Ha! no way man. Ive got one day before I leave, when I get back just get ready for putting your tails between your legs fellas. Now thats a challenge. Im already sweatin, but I can handle it,,,, can you? Common bmore, fatboy, bjaurora and my ole buddy hawkeye and anyone else you 'need' to add to your team to try and beat me and my buddy's in a fossil hunt. Hell, we can even turn this into a compitition where the members of this forum are the judges! Hows that for a new game???!!! Thats what I thought, you guys are scardy cats!!! HA!!! Or are you?

RB

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh a challenge! I do have a question RJB, where are you hunting? We had almost 5 inches of rain here yesterday, so no telling what was exposed (and covered over again <_< ). There would have to be some kind of guidelines - what is exciting to one can be not so exciting to another. I am not a "scaredy cat", so we can see what the other "guys" think! I already have one unusual bone on here, so are we talking most unusual, most spectacular, biggest, rarest??

Dude it is soooo on! If you're out looking for crab concretions then I hope you win, those are high on my list of cool stuff. I'll have Beachbum and lawooten in my group and they are both experienced hunters and promised to take me straight to the good stuff!

BJ Aurora, I'll be driving a minivan with Georgia plates and wearing a blue bandana. I'll also be the one looking clueless!

If you believe everything you read, perhaps it's time for you to stop reading...

You'll need to wear more than a blue bandana or they won't let you in the mine.

You'll need to wear more than a blue bandana or they won't let you in the mine.

They might not even let ya in on the bus! :D

Challenge? OK...I guess...I'll be so overwhelmed at being there that I might get skunked all together. Anything that I bring back is a win for me!

Kevin Wilson

Your excitement gets me excited to visit a mine someday. Good luck. I hope you all find something on your wish list.

Pentax Optio W60

After 3 cancellations hopefully we will actually get in this weekend. Hope to see some of you there. Good Luck.

After 3 cancellations hopefully we will actually get in this weekend. Hope to see some of you there. Good Luck.

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about too. For me, hopefully beginners luck get's me in...and then some!

Kevin Wilson

May the fossil gods shine upon you :D

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Hope you all had better luck than I. (missed last season and this). I want pics of your best finds! :D

Be true to the reality you create.

It was a beautiful day! I met Fatboy, BJ Aurora, Lawooten, BSR0131 and I saw another guy with a Fossil Forum shirt whose name I didn't get. Finds will be posted as soon as I can get them cleaned. I didn't find any big stuff but I found a lot of different stuff. We were the last group in for the season but PCS was given the OK to expand the mine so there should be good hunting for years to come!

I know I met Fat Boy, Hawkeye in person, Beach Bum and family and Brian we know you but not which name you are on here. However, I guess we missed meeting many of the other members. Bummer! I know I talked to people and if I talked to any of you let me know who you are and where we talked. Unless I got your forum name, I did not know you were with forum if you did not tell me. It seems there were so many of you that Ernie and I did not meet. The excitement of the day I guess was there for sure. I even got lost coming out of the mine and was about to start crying b/c I only had 30 moments to get to the bus and my knee was hurting and it seem miles away. I got hold of my husband on the cell phone and he helped me find my way. Ya ya I know it seem impossible to get lost and after seven years going into Aurora I did. The day before we figured, we could get a place to stay no problem. Ya sure! It was graduation weekend for the local college and high school. When we did find the only room left in town that night we found out that the air did not work and we got no sleep in the heat. The truck would have felt better to sleep in lol. After a breakfast at Woogies and plenty of coffee, we were ready but that coffee wore off by the end of the day and three o’clock came around. That is my excuse for getting lost and I am sticking to it.

The best days are spent collecting fossils