A little help would be greatly appreciated

Borawiec1

I am leaving tomorrow morning and will be there this weekend with my family, who also shares a passion for fossil hunting. Typically we hunt at Purse st. Park, or Brownies Beach, and have tried Matoaka and Flag ponds. Not asking for your secret spot (but it would be very appreciated) but do you know of any productive, less well known beaches? Being from Ohio, we only get to go two or three times a year so we try to get the most out of each trip. Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated!DM me if you want to be more discreet. Thanks in advance!

Any of those places are good, especially if you get away from the heavily-hunted areas close to parking.

Walk, walk, walk! :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Unfortunately all the public access spots are all heavily hunted. But that does not mean you can't still have great finds. As Auspex said get away from everyone else the farther the better. In my experience at those locations most other fossil hunters only surface scan. Which means if you are willing to do some digging and sifting you may make some good finds that others won't. And I would stay away from flag ponds and matoaka if you are focusing on teeth. Brownies or purse are better for that. But that's just my opinion.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.